A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Herfkens:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Herfkens is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Herfkens, MD is board certified in Diagnostic Radiology and Nuclear Radiology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Adenoma (Warthin's tumor)
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer (Breast Ductal Carcinoma)
- Breast Cancer (Lobular Carcinoma)
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Liver Cancer
- Vascular Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Herfkens graduated from Loyola University Chicago, Maywood. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Herfkens has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Herfkens accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Santa Clara Family Health Plan - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 1 plan
- Anthem Blue Cross - 10 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Robert J. Herfkens practice?
Dr. Robert Herfkens practices Radiology, Nuclear Radiology, Diagnostic Radiology, and Body Imaging near Stanford, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Palo Alto, CA.
See Stanford Radiologists and Stanford Nuclear Medicine Physicians.