Dr. Robert Hilliard Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Hilliard?

Fibromyalgia

Fibromyalgia

Have you seen Dr. Robert Hilliard?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 10th, 2016

RN

The worst part of my experience is that he missed the obvious. So bad. patient had a fall on his hip. Prior to appt pt went to Arlington Memorial and had an exray. Over time pain and swelling increased. Patient is 91 years old. The obvious diagnosis is DVT. Dr. Hillard doesn't even touch the patient reads the exact reports from the hospital the says, 'What do you want me to do?" Hello, my answer is "be a doctor,!!!!!!!!" His instructions are to walk on it and go to PT, without ruling out DVT. Really? Then I call his office staff and the way they triage the call is "I will tell him Monday". That is just negligent!

August 14th, 2015

Hesitant

Dr. Hilliard did try some things before recommending surgery so I appreciated that. He also ordered the MRI which did give the diagnosis but after I got the report, the DX Dr. Hilliard stated and what was on the MRI report was a bit different. During my pre-op I learned I had an underlying pneumonia. I was told by the nurse that Dr. Hilliard was still clearing me for surgery. If true, I have not felt comfortable going forward. As a result, I have sought out a 2nd opinion which was not to do surgery at least at this point and felt strongly that it could not be done arthoscopically. The second opinion is going to try some out of the box methods which I am willing to do since I think surgery should be last option. For now, I won't be returning and will probably get even another opinion when the second Dr says surgery needs to occur.

July 27th, 2015

There is not enough improvement to restart exercising.

July 20th, 2015

Not recommended

I had a tear in my meniscus. A year later after doing therapy I still have pain in my knee every day. Even though I had never had any symptoms of arthritis, he said he "cleaned" out my knee of arthritic changes. My knee has never been the same. He also neglected to tell me there are alternative treatments that can be tried before surgery. I am not happy.

February 26th, 2014

Overall positive experience.

At first Dr. Hilliard is a little short and to the point, but his diagnosis was accurate and he answered all of my questions. I felt confident with him going into surgery and the work he has done as been great. I would recommend him for ACL reconstruction.

February 20th, 2014

Great Doc for those who dont want to deal with B.S. I had a very easy time getting scheduled for my appointment, and the wait time was minimal. The Doc was a bit gruff, but told me my problem and answered all questions I had. Ended up having surgery on my shoulder which went great. Therapy is on-site which was nice. Overall great experience, wll go back again!

February 17th, 2014

Worst dr experience I have EVER HAD.

July 8th, 2013

Run!

Worst experience ever! Had a torn meniscus and was never told my options. Sometimes these can heal on their own. Instead I had surgery. I had several questions between the surgery and my first appt. When I called the nurse, she never returned my calls except the day I called twice and then she griped me out because she was busy. I am one year post op and have pain nearly everyday. I walk with a limp and my right shoe requires an insert now because he shaved down the bone so much. I cannot work as a nurse either because I am not stable on my feet. If he is ever recommended, run the other way.

March 13th, 2012

My experiance was not good I had a torn cartilage in my left knee went in for surgery and when I went back for a follow up found out they could not find the torn cartilage in the knee but shaved bones down instead. Still a year and half later was still in a lot of pain went back after I got where I could barely walk had another MRI and guess what the torn cartilage is still there, and he was going to send me on my way with doing nothing. finally he gave me a steriod shot in the knee so I could walk then had to get a synvisc shot after insurance approved. due to all of this limping I am now seeing a neurologist due to the nerve problems I am having in my legs. He ask if I was going to have the knee fixed and I said if I ever do it will be with anothe doctor for sure I will never give him my money again

February 22nd, 2011

I saw this Dr. 10 years ago and had a bad experience with the fact he was very arrogant and abrasive and had no bed side manner. Unfortunately, my daughter needed a Orthopedic doctor and he was the only on we could see, now I was reminded why. Thinking he had probably mellowed, she went and it was a repeat performance of what I had experienced. She left with no more information on her injury then she had before and him saying nothing was wrong. A day later from an MRI she did in fact have an injury.Unless you are DESPARATE do not see this man. You can find someone much nicer that treats you with courtesy and consideration and a proper diagnosis.

July 22nd, 2017