Dr. Robert Hogan MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Metairie, LA

• Good
  • Bad

March 26th, 2012
Dr Hogan takes the time to explain everything thoroughly. If I call with a question, his nurse will return the phone call the same day. I have already recommended him to my girls. I have never had a bad expierence. He is an excellent doctor.

November 1st, 2011
Dr.Hogan is an excellent doctor. He makes you feel at ease, he takes time to listen to your issues, resolves them. He even called when I was seeing another doctor for a different medical need to see how I was doing. I would recommend him to everyone.

June 7th, 2010
Great, if you're not having a miscarriage
I've been a patient of his for about 25 years, & have always been fairly happy until recently. I went through a missed miscarriage, & was very unhappy with the way that I was handled before, during, & after. I had multiple ultrasounds, & after the final ultrasound I was asked "Surely by now you must realize that this is a non viable pregnancy?" I didn't think that was a particularly sensitive or caring statement to make to a woman who had been trying to conceive for over 5 years! I was told to call the nurse for further information when the bleeding started, & no real in depth information was given about what to expect, or how to prepare for a natural miscarriage. I was simply told to expect something similiar to a very heavy period with clots. I feel that's an understatement to say the least! Looking back on it, I feel they should have printed material available for women awaiting a miscarriage. Most women like to be informed & prepared! I was concerned about pain, & was told on 3 seperate ocassions that I could handle it. I asked the nurse about pain medication during our final phone converstaion, prior to the miscarriage, & was told that if it became too much for me to stand that I should go to the ER. In fact, her answer to every question I had was "Go to the ER." I was told "If you bleed heavily, go to the ER. If you experience pain, go to the ER. If you panick or become scared, go to the ER. If you have a simple question that we can help you with during office hours, please give us a call - or we can arrange a D&C for you right now." My husband went into the office in person the morning it happened, & told a different nurse that I'd suffered greatly, & still was suffering, & at that point she offered to call in a prescription of Vallium, but never did. This was a Fri morning, & the Dr's office closes early on Fri. When my husband went to pick the prescription up around 3:00, he was told that it hadn't been called in! We tried to get help from the on call Dr, since my Dr's office was closed for the weekend. He said that he had no problem with calling in a prescription for narcotics for miscarriage related pain, but only during office hours, & since his office was shut there was nothing he could do to help. They didn't communicate with us very well at all once it was realized that the pregnancy was non viable. They expressed no desire to do a follow up visit afterwards to see if I was ok. To be honest, I felt like they didn't want to be bothered with me. I wouldn't allow a dog to be treated that poorly.

August 26th, 2009
Dr. Hogan.....what can I say...Mr. Personality Plus.... and his staff and personal nurse Wenday is just as awesome..... Thank God for him and his staff.......

December 16th, 2016