A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Honkanen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Honkanen is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Honkanen, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
Education & Awards
Dr. Honkanen graduated from Stony Brook University.
Dr. Honkanen has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Stony Brook University Hospital
- University Medical Center At Stony Brook
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Honkanen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 32 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 1 plan
- Humana - 5 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Healthfirst - 5 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Robert A. Honkanen practice?
Dr. Robert Honkanen practices Ophthalmology near East Setauket, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Northport, NY and Stony Brook, NY.
See East Setauket Ophthalmologists.