Dr. Robert Hower Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Hower Jr?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 6th, 2014

in reference to the May 5 review below

Unlike the May 5 reference, I DID NOT arrive an hour early as the reviewer did. Sometimes you have to take responsibility for your mistakes. And you don't stomp out of the office swearing as you go! My experience with Dr. Hower and the Surgery Center was completely the opposite. How could two people with similar appointments times have such a varied experience. Dr. Hower and the team at the surgery center were caring and attentive! After the procedure he answered our questions and indicated next steps. And when we arrived we were told that the doctor was running about 20 minutes behind. To be expected when surgical procedures may require additional time.

May 5th, 2014

Waste of human space. lacks proper patient communication

This Dr, which by the way my wife and I had never met. Not to mention we've only dealt with his PA who is not very knowledgeable and seems disconnected. We went in for an endoscopy and two hours later, we walked out with no test complete. We waited almost an hour and a half before someone came to tell us that the good Dr was running 30 minutes behind. Then about 5 minutes after that we were told another 15-25 additional minutes before we would have been able to be seen. This Dr and Hamot surgery center staff show complete disregard for patient care and communication. Not to mention once again having a nurse completely disrespect me because of my decision to go elsewhere.

February 9th, 2014

horrible bedside manner/no followup

The first appt I had was with the PA 2 yrs ago, who didn't seem very knowledgable and was very short with me. Ordered some blood work and testing. ended up having gallbladder surgery and meds for stomach ulcers. The only time I saw Dr Hower was very briefly after scopes. The PA never called with test results. I've continued to have severe episodes of stomach pain, and a yr ago asked specifically to see the Dr for an appt and he acted like I was bothering him, taking up his precious time. He never examined me, just flipped hurriedly through my chart, said "There's nothing wrong with you", and ordered another test to placate me.

November 26th, 2013

not very concerned!

Doesnt get tests in a timely manner. does not seem to be very concerned after telling you something bad but has no tests to back it up. needs bedside manner 101 taught to him and then take proper steps quickly to help those of us he has made a snap diagnosis.

November 15th, 2013