Dr. Robert Hunt Jr Is this you?

2.1

Neutral

Don't go to Dr. Hunt

Posted on August 9th, 2013

As a health provider, I personally know a lot of psychiatrists; Dr. Hunt is one of the very worst I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. DO NOT go to him. He did not file essential disability paperwork, even after repeated requests by me, my employer, and my insurance company. He was 15 mins late for a recent appointment, and then he saw another patient first. He did not remember my name or that we had met for med management only a few days ago. He is curt, dismissive, and flat out rude; it staggers me that people attempt to do therapy with him. It's like you're not even in the room with him. I could go on, but it suffices to say that he should not be in a helping profession. Again, do yourself a favor and see someone else for your psychiatric services.

Gets the job done

Posted on March 19th, 2013

Dr. Hunt's service for medication management does the job. He is a big believer in ensuring his patients get the meds they need with very little hassle. To get an appointment you call the main number, and then the very friendly staff will call you back. Sometimes it ends up a series of voice mails but it works. The downside of Dr. Hunt's office is that he has some health challenges which may make it appear that he is not paying attention to the patient, and about 50% of the time he has been running behind. Given how hard it is to find a prescribing psychiatrist, I'm willing to take those downsides.

Bad wrap

Posted on February 3rd, 2013

I've been with Dr. Hunt for over 5 years. He's a no nonsense, genuine and hard working person. He'll tell you how it is and doesn't mind doing so. Sure, he might doze off from time to time but that usually tells me what I'm talking about isn't all that important! He works long hours seven days a week. His staff will get you an appointment when you need one, all you gotta do is ask (yes, that means, leave a VM). I'm appalled by all the negative reviews on this site. They're obviously from a lot of first time/prospective patients that didn't immediately get what they expected. Take it from a long time patient, Dr. Hunt is a compassionate and genuine doctor who will take care of you through thick and thin.

I gave up

Posted on October 11th, 2012

First of all, he has narcolepsy. This makes for some awkward appointments, as he falls asleep while youre sitting there waiting for him to finish writing the prescription. I had one appointment last 30 minutes because he kept drifting off to sleep. Hes also frequently running behind and leaves you waiting for long periods of time. And its extremely difficult to reach to his office staff to make an appointment.

Posted on November 1st, 2011

There is never an person answering at the office number. The office makes one attempt to reply to phone calls: usually a day or more later. If they miss you, that's it. He left me ten days without antidepressant medication because of this lack of communication. He is always late seeing patients. I talked to a patient whose appointment was over an hour late and who had called his crisis number one evening that week. He got through to an inbox that was full. When you visit the doctor, his entire focus for twenty minutes is his computer. He interacts with the computer while you wait. At the end you pay and get your prescription. I wonder how many patients he has lost (the world has lost?) as a result of this pre-programmed lack of caring?

Thank you Dr. Hunt!

Posted on August 31st, 2011

Dr. Hunt has been very caring and attentive, he has been stern and is not manipulated by patients; his diagnosis sometimes hard the accept one has problems but has been right on. Not sure if I would be here today if it was not for his help.Thank you.

Dr Hunt accurate and very professional

Posted on July 19th, 2011

Dr Hunt was very accurate and very helpfull of my needs. I was at the end of my rope and with the very first visit was releived of some of my anguish. I now am 90% better and thankful he is there for me when i need him. meds are also spot on

Primary Care Physian - Relating Experience of a Patient

Posted on July 15th, 2011

Our patient had a visit last month and Dr. Hunt fell asleep during the visit. This patient is on Long Term Disability and needed papers filled out for continued benefits and after multiple attempts to get him to respond by both the patient and the insurance co., she finally came back to us for help. To think that people are relying on this man for their medications and disability payments is beyond comprehension!

very rude, odd and uninformed

Posted on June 5th, 2011

I saw him once as my firm changed insurance and he was on the list. He was very gruff and even rude. For instance, I asked if people with ADHD sometimes have learning disabilities and he said no. I expressed surprise as I was sure there is research showing this (and there certainly is, I later learned). He then gave a rude response and that was that.

Posted on March 21st, 2011

(I worked in a MH Clinic for 2 years and no psychiatry pretty well) At my last (second) appointment he told me that my anxiety attacks were Seasonal Affective Disorder because I cry when I get anxious. Told me to get a sun lamp. When I tried to explain, he fell asleep. At the end of appointment he told me to call back whenever I was ready to talk. NOw his phone is disconnected and I have nowhere to get my meds. If he is still in business he is a total quack - stay away from him.

Very Unprofessional Doctor!!

Posted on November 4th, 2010

I had an appoinment with Dr. Hunt in early August, after several phone calls to make an appointment. At first I thought he was ok, then I noticed he dozed off while talking to me, I thought I amagined it until I saw what another patient wrote. I have made several phone calls to his office and cell phone asking to make an appointment re: medication that was prescribed to me and I still have not received a return call from him or his office and it is now November. I think this is so unprofessional. And to think that he is working in the field of psychiatry, go figure!! I would not recommend this so called doctor to my worst enemy. If you had any thoughts as to seeing this doctor, please don't. Find someone that's professional, will stay awake during your visit and reachable like I did.

High hopes, quickly dashed

Posted on September 30th, 2010

I had high hopes when I first started going to Dr Hunt, but looking back I see that it was wishful thinking on my part. After the initial visit, five to ten minutes into which he had me diagnosed and was extolling the virtues of Lamictal and Seroquel. The difficulty in scheduling my next appointment should have been my first clue to the impending problems Id experience. It usually takes two to the calls with leaving messages before getting a call back to actually set up an appointment. I never experienced the doctor falling asleep on me, likely because I wasnt actually in the office with him long enough for him to do so. The wait in the front lobby of the DC location was usually 20+ minutes. I thought going with early morning would be better wrong. The last appointment I stood in the elevator lobby for 25 minutes due to a scheduling error apparently on the office mgrs part; this after trying for a week to get an appointment in the first place.To make matters worse, when I told the doctor that I wanted to scale back on the dosage of lamictal he had been prescribing. His response was to say that I should up the dosage by 100Mg, when I balked he immediately went the other way. A 200Mg shift in 10 seconds, nice; he also wanted to give me on prescription vitamin scrip for a month, which the insurance likely wouldnt cover; and quickly followed that with after a month you can go to GNC and get a strong B-Complex vitamin for about half the price. The last straw (I thought) for me was that the prescription he was supposed to send to my pharmacy never got there; two visits over two nights, and two phone calls/messages to the office and still nothing. Finally after getting VERY lucky and actually getting through, I got a lame excuse for the scrip not getting sent. When I finally got it, it was wrong. Needless to say, Im looking for another doctor to ease me down off the chemical cocktail Im stuck taking, and recommending doing the same to others.