A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Buchanan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Buchanan is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Buchanan, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Cognition Disorders
- Dystonic Disorders
- Essential Tremor
- HIV Infections
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Tourette Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Buchanan graduated from Saint Louis University. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Buchanan has 16 hospital affiliations:
- UC San Diego Health System
- Scott and White Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Buchanan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 5 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Anthem Blue Cross - 8 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Robert J. Buchanan practice?
Dr. Robert Buchanan practices Psychiatry near Round Rock, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Austin, TX and San Diego, CA.
See Round Rock Psychiatrists.