A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Buchanan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Buchanan is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Buchanan
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Buchanan Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Buchanan, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Cognition Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Dystonic Disorders
- Essential Tremor
- HIV Infections
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Sleep Disorders
- Tourette Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Buchanan graduated from Saint Louis University. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Buchanan has 15 hospital affiliations:
- Scott and White Memorial Hospital
- Seton Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Robert J Buchanan MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 19 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Robert J. Buchanan practice?
- Dr. Robert Buchanan has 1 office location.
Dr. Robert Buchanan practices Psychiatry near Austin, TX.
See Austin Psychiatrists.