Surgical Specialist, Urologists
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center
140 Charlois Blvd
Winston Salem, NC 27103
(336) 716-2255
Locations and availability (1)

by Mary Oneal on Jan 11th, 2014

I've been going to Dr. Evans for ten plus years now. Before I seen Dr. Evans I had been to hospitals and other doctors trying to find out what was wrong with me. Some doctors and hospitals just about had me believing that all my problems were in my head. Finally at Moses Cone ER one of the doctors there referred me to see Dr. Evans. Reluctant I made the appointment anyway. When I first meet him, he immediately made me feel at ease. He told me that he'd do whatever he had to do but he would find out what was wrong with me. And after doing one test, he found out what was wrong. Ever since I have been on medicines and I have not had any major problems (pain, etc). If you think you have bladder trouble, pain, going to the bathroom all the time, I urge you to make an appointment to see him. He will find out what the problem is and fix it. He's an awesome doctor. I wish more doctors were more caring like him. He will take as much time with you as he needs too. I've sat and waited on him while he spent time with others and he has spent time with me. He's not one of these doctors that come in and say hey and bye in the same sentence. He listens and cares.

|  Dr. Visit  |  show details
by Margie Stephans on Jul 22nd, 2013

I travel 4 hrs. to see him because he is a wonderful Dr. He takes time with you. Sept will be a yr. since I have been going to him. If you travel more than 7 counties you can try getting into the SECU Family House. It is only $35.00 a night. It is a wonderful place to stay. The phone number is 336-793-2822. This place is one of the best places I have stayed. You have to sign in and out when you are leaving, just in case there is a fire you are counted. Dr. Evans cares about his patients. you may have to wait a long time but I have met many IC patients to talk to there, I always taking my knitting and my Kindle.

|  mrs  |  show details
by Gail on Apr 30th, 2013

I arrived thirty minutes eaely for a 1:45 office visit. This was the second visit. I had driven 4 hours because he is good but after two and one haft hour wait i begin to wonder about how I got in so quickly last time. With a 8 hour round trip I decided to ask for a new appointment. This trip cost me time and money not to mention I know nothing more now then I did before. Yes I am disapointed in Dr Evans.

|  One of te BEST!!!!  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr Evans for many years and will continue. Hope he never retires.

|  This is the doctor for ic patients!  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2012

I saw Dr. Evans for the first time after being diagnosed with interstitial cystitis by another urology practice. His experience knowledge of many different treatment options was invaluable. He took a lot of time with me ...did a thorough history and exam and really listened to what I had to say. I feel very confident that he is the right urologist to really help me with this painful condition. He is caring and very professional. I highly recommend him!

|  Doctor review  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2011

ifound this doctor to be an expert in the field.but very uncaring.and not compassionate.try to get through to the doctor if you have a prob lem forget it. I would not go back. I agree with the reviews written on Another site.he is also very arrogrant.

|  Jean Shankles - Marketing Director Graystone Eye  |  show details
May 11th, 2011

Dr. Evans is the only doctor who has helped relieve my pain with hydrodistension and Botox injections. He is the only doctor I trust to go near my bladder! Dr. Evans is compassionate, easy to talk to, and highly-respected in the medical community throughout the country. Thank you, Dr. Evans!

|  Chapel Hill Social Worker  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2011

I cannot say enough about positive things about Dr. Evans. I feel extremely blessed to have found him. He is very knowledgeable, excellent bedside manner, likable & friendly, and a true advocate for interstitial cystitis sufferers. He is worth the waiting time to see him.

|  God Sent  |  show details
by kimberly d. campbell on Jul 4th, 2010

Dr. Evans has been God sent to me. I have suffered many years with I.C..And he is a very compassionate doctor. He really and truly cares about his patients. He listens when other doctors call you crazy.. I pray that he conitunes to do well... thank you Dr. Evans!! Godspeed, Kimberly Campbell

|  BEST UROLOGIST IN U.S.A.FOR I.C.TREATMENTA  |  show details
by Patricia M Conner on Apr 2nd, 2010

What can I say except their is no better! He is patient,kind,understanding,cares,listens,goes beyond his call of duty,treats disease aggressively,knows his expertise,tells you the straight facts,if he is late seeing you its because he has so many followers that need him and only him,diagnosed a disease I had lived with 41 years and never got correct treatment for,virtually saved my life before I took it from unrelenting pain from this terrible disease,sent to me by God himself,MY HERO!!! TOP DOCTOR IN UROLOGY ANYWHERE IN THIS STATE!!!DO NOT HESITATE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT!You will not be dissapointed!!!

by Darlene Juliana on Jun 22nd, 2009

Dr. Evans, has been treating my IC for 2 years. He was recommended by my family urologist. Although the condition is not curable, he does treat the condition aggresivly to help manage pain and to ensure the best quality of life possible. His facility does do research and is on top of the latest treatments available. I highly recommend him.

Nov 23rd, 2008

Dr. Evans is the only physician who has successfully treated my IC for the past three years. He is very understanding and compassionate... truly my hero.