A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Mayer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Mayer is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Mayer
Influenza Patient Education Learn all about influenza and common symptoms of the flu as well as treating this type of viral infection.Before Visiting Dr. Mayer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Mayer, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 36 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Anal Cancer (Anus Neoplasms)
- Biliary Tract Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Genetic Translocation
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Head and Neck Cancer
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Mayer graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 13 awards.
Dr. Mayer has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Robert James Mayer MD is a male Internist, has 42 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Robert J. Mayer practice?
- Dr. Robert Mayer has 1 office location.
Dr. Robert Mayer practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Boston, MA.
See Boston Internists, Boston Hematologists, and Boston Oncologists.