Robert J McConnell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 13th, 2016
Receptionist never picks up the phone
Dr. McConnell is top notch and the best endo I've had over 20 years. Unfortunately, his staff never picks up the phone, or if they do they put you on hold forever. I'm on hold now and this is the 3rd time I've tried. First time was over 8 minutes so I hung up and called again. 2nd time was over 7 minutes so I hung up and tried again and as I write it's going on 7 minutes. I just need them to fax my test results to my other doctors. This is ridiculous.

February 14th, 2016
Following up my thyroid cancer I was still so physically exhausted and not functioning normally cognitively. The other dr, affiliated with another well known N.y. Hospital implied that it was in my head and did nothing to hep the problem, while I missed months of work. After a few weeks of seeing Dr. McConnell and within minutes he recognize that I needed a T3 supplement to add to my synthroid, I was back to my old self. Meeting Dr. McConnell was the best thing to happen to me, he changed my life.

March 24th, 2015
old fashioned excellence!

July 12th, 2013
Excellent diagnosis and treatment. Top doctor.
Top doctor. Excellent diagnosis and treatment. Sole practitioner with excellent secretary. Secretary answers phone. No machine unless she is away from her desk for a short while. Doctor always returns your call the same day. An "old fashioned" doctor, who greatly cares for his patients, highly ethical and honest billing.

May 8th, 2013
Trust and professionalism, all the way with Dr. McConnell.

October 23rd, 2012
Refusal to file Medicare claim on patient's behalf.
It has been over 2 months since my office visit for which I paid in full at time of service as required. Despite repeated calls and faxes his office staff has not filed a medical claim on my behalf and is indifferent. When I drive into NYC for a face-to-face as Medicare suggests, I will get my records and find a physician with a competent staff.

August 22nd, 2012
Quality has declined
This office used to be up to Columbia Presbyterian standards, however, office staff is incompetent, rude and not reliable. Physician has become short and impatient. Misdiagnosed thyroid issue and annoyed when questions were asked. No need to go over the bridge for healthcare, NJ has some of the best endocrinologists in the country. So disappointed in Dr. McConnel and his staff.

November 9th, 2009
An Outstanding Doctor
In addition to being an outstanding doctor, Dr. McConnell is very warm, caring and sensitive with his patients. He is well worth the time spent and incionvenience of travel to reach him for treatment. He is not fully covered by my insurance plan but he is well worth it.