A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Richards:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Richards is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Richards
Influenza Patient Education Learn all about influenza and common symptoms of the flu as well as treating this type of viral infection.Before Visiting Dr. Richards Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Richards, MD, MS is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Richards graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla.
Dr. Richards has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Stony Brook University Hospital
- Umdnj University Hospital
- Haitian Creole
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Robert Joseph Richards MD and MS is a male Internist, has 29 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Robert J. Richards practice?
- Dr. Robert Richards has 2 office locations.
Dr. Robert Richards practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Newark, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: East Setauket, NY.
See Newark Internists and Newark Gastroenterologists.