Dr. Robert Winn MD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

My caring and considerate PCP for over 13 years
Dr. Winn has been my primary care physician for over 13 years. He's helped guide me through serious injuries, long range lifestyle changes, and the little aches and pains of life. All with good humor, directness and a caring attitude. His recent self-transformation with diet and exercise inspired me to get healthier after a period of inactivity and poor diet. He has a long range vision for my health and has helped me achieve it. He listens to what I say and we have tailored treatments and strategies to meet my lifestyle.

Meets you where you are
Dr. Winn is the rare doctor who listens, never scolds and tries to find solutions that will work with your lifestyle. I have too many stories about his skill and compassion to share all, but I will recount two. He worked with me for two years on smoking; he never once lectured me, only offering understanding and encouragement when I slipped. With his help I finally quit. At another point, I faced a decision about a surgical or non-surgical treatment. He and I talked about it at length, ending at the opposite position where we started. It turned out to be exactly the right choice. He's everything you want in a family physician.

July 25th, 2017
Sought a Concierge Doc and got better--fast!
15 years ago I sought (and thought )I needed a concierge doc to truly get good care. I was asking around and my photographer was so very happy with his doc, he said I ought to try his family doctor and that Dr. Winn was likely sensitive to my special needs, AND I should try him before going concierge with the extra costs. So I went to Dr. Robert Winn and found a comforting, kind, compassionate, competent, care giver. He looks you in the eye and listens, didn't rush, and circled back in the appointment to ask again about things I had glossed over in my chatter. He thinks globally amd carefully, considers my personality, and solved things I didn't expect to. I'm no longer allergic to oceans & rivers, eggs & milk! It didn't lift all at once but because of an encouraging spirit with an open mind and pursuing new avenues, DR Winn studied my issues, (remembered them from appt to appt which were sometimes far between) and found solutions, encouraged me to do them--I did-- and over the years I am now much healthier (and older!) than when I first started to see him. And I can eat seafood and dairy again. Thank God. Half my "illness" is knowing I'm heard, and Dr. Winn is quick to respond--so I feel better--fast!

April 14th, 2009