Surgeons, Dentist

DHR Oral Max Facial Surgery
4201 st Antoine
Detroit, MI 48201
313-745-4696
Locations and availability (5)

|  show details
by Mary V on May 26th, 2014

I was seen at 9:00pm after being in the hospital for 4 days with an extremely large abscessed area. He helped make arrangements for me to have IV pre med and go to his Oxford office the next morning. I have been a dental administrator for 35 yrs. I found his office to be sparkling clean and his staff caring and friendly. I was impressed with his manner, expertise and compassion. I had been in horrible pain for over a week and immediately after the procedure I experienced relief. I cannot express how thankful I was that he took the time to see me in the hospital and immediately recognized my issue. I don't know if my insurance will cover my visits or not. My insurance has a contract with me. I have a contract with Dr John to cover the excellent services provided by a very caring and highly skilled oral surgeon.

|  Very painful out of pocket expense.  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2012

We were referred to Robert John, Oral Surgeon, by our Dentist. This is a letter I wrote to our dentist concerning Dr. John.RE: Office of Dr. Steven Wolf and Dr. Robert John113 North Washington StreetOxford, MI 48371Dr. ......Hi, Dr. ...... I pray all is well with you and your family. I wanted to let you know about a situation that we have found ourselves in with an Oral Surgeon that your office referred us to around the summer of 2011. I will really try to make this long story short. When our daughter had two teeth coming in without roots on both sides of her mouth, it was decided that those teeth needed to come out. At that time, your office referred us to Dr. Robert John. We went in for consultation and, after the evaluation, they gave us a quote that they asked for me to sign before doing the surgery. I signed it. The morning that we went in for the surgery, he told me that he was going to put her to sleep. I was surprised because I had a similar situation when I was younger and I was not put to sleep for the surgery. He indicated that he would not do the surgery without it. He said that if it was his daughter, he would not let her go through the surgery without this sedation. Well, when you say it like that...what am I going to do? After more discussion about it, we went through with it. On the other side of the surgery, we got a bill for $462.50 for the sedation that was not covered (this was in addition to $185.00 we had to pay up front - money we hoped we would get back based upon insurance coverage). For some time now, we have been getting bills from Dr. John's office while litigation with the insurance company has continued. During this time, we have been working with Dr. John's office to make appeals in response to rejections by the insurance company. We have also reiterated on more than one occasion that we are not happy that he used the sedation after we questioned him about it.What has frustrated us even more, over the recent months, we have been getting threats on bills that this will go to a collections company if we do not pay. All this while, AT THE SAME TIME, this matter is still being litigated with the insurance company. We have not received the final rejection from them. I recently received a letter of rejection from Blue Cross/Blue Shield with the option of appealing one final time. I left a message with Dr. John's office that we would like to do this. Less than 2 weeks later, I received a letter from a collections company demanding payment. Here we have another appeal, a managerial-level review conference where a personal appeal can be made concerning this matter, and Dr. John is refusing it and sending this to collections. This has compounded our great disappointment with this Doctor. Obviously, the reason that I am contacting you is to make you aware that we received this treatment from a Doctor that your office referred us to. We do not blame you/the office AT ALL for what has taken place. But, we would like for you to consider what has happened here in our case in the event that you need to refer someone to an oral surgeon. We have been very dissatisfied to say the least.We ourselves have learned from this incident. When I spoke with Dr. John's office this morning, 11/19/2012, they indicated that we were, in fact, made aware that there would be sedation that may not be covered by the insurance company in advance of the surgery. I mentioned above that I signed a quotation from them to do the work. One thing that the quote mentioned is that they were going to put her under sedation and that we would have to pay if insurance did not cover it. Unfortunately, it escaped from my radar (however good that is) and I signed it. Had I known/read things more carefully, I would have contacted the insurance company to see if this would be covered. We will be more careful in the future.Anyway, as always, Dr. ...., I deeply appreciate the work that you do for our family and am grateful to have your office caring for the dental needs of our family.God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving,

|  Great Dr......  |  show details
Jan 1st, 2011

Dr. John was referred to me by a friend who's son also had jaw surgery. They accomidated my son's surgery around his college schedule and in a short period of time. His office staff is very polite and professional. Would HIGHLY recommend.