A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Kania:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Kania, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
Education & Awards
Dr. Kania graduated from Loyola University Chicago, Maywood.
Dr. Kania has 12 hospital affiliations:
- UPMC Presbyterian/Shadyside
- UPMC McKeesport
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kania accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- UPMC Health Plan - 4 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Geisinger Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan