Dr. Robert Kazan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 20th, 2016
Brain Tumor
11 years ago Dr. Kazan removed an astrocytoma brain tumor that was roughly the size and shape of a Grade A Large Egg, 11 years later I'm still walking around with my kids on THIS side of the grass. He has been blessed with astounding skills. I knew he was i was going to choose him to do the job after just a few minutes into meeting him. In just a few minutes he was able to make me feel confident and secure that he could do the job as well as it could be done. He didn't make any promises, however he gave me the range of worst case to best case, then he described the tumor and how, in general, how he suggests he would treat it. I got a second opinion at Mayo Clinic. That neurosurgeon aaked if I would have the surgery done at Mayo. I responded that I'd rather do it in my area for the support network of family and friends there. He said in that case he recommended Dr. Kazan at Hinsdale Hospital. Hinsdale Hospital has state-of-the-art equipment and he knows Dr. Kazan. He said Dr. Kazan has the best hands he has ever seen. That was enough for me. I'm still here 11 years later. Without hesitation I would put my brain in Dr. Kazan's hands again.

April 21st, 2016
I was suffering with horrid lumbar back paint that was radiating down the back of my left leg. I had this pain for month's and was being treated by a Doctor who only wanted to give me pain medication. I wanted a solution and my GP sent me to Doctor Robert Kazan. After 2 visits he performed surgery on my back and found a tumor on my spine. He removed and and I danced my way out of Good Sam's. He told me that this never showed up in any of the tests but was suspect. Dr. Kazan is old school. Within 2 weeks of the surgery I was enjoying Christmas chasing my little Grandson around. I will always be thankful for this amazing Surgeon. He is 5 Star.

June 13th, 2015
Very knowledgeable and helped with directing me re: neck pain.

March 16th, 2015
I had a C3-C4 fusion performed by Dr. Kazan that was flawless. I incurred the injury through an accident. Dr. Kazan's sworn testimony removed any doubt that the injury couldn't have have happened any other way. For his professionalism and honestly I will always be grateful.

August 4th, 2010
I am now pain free.
After crippling pain and loss of bowel control, I and my MRI were reffered to Dr. Kazan. He saw me immediatly on an emergency visit. Dr. Kazan diagnosed the cause as Spinal Stenosis. He operated that week. Immediately after surgery, my previous pain symptoms were alleviated, and I had total bowel control. He is an incredible surgeon, and a very caring, patient, doctor. I would recommend him to anyone. His staff is always friendly and very organized.

March 17th, 2010
Very good doctor
Dr. Kazan was one of a team of doctors who performed my Acoustic Neuroma (brain tumor) surgery. He is a very confident, but not pompous, man. He is caring, kind, compassionate, and knows his stuff very well. I had a great surgical outcome and attribute this to his (as well as my other doctor's) skills. I would recommend him to anyone.

January 28th, 2009
I have had several back problems over the past few years. Dr. Kazan was reccommened to me for disk surgery. I called the office the same day he was reccommened and they took me the very next day, and 3 days later I was having my surgery. He is very professional, and has a wonderful bedside manner. He is caring as well as his staff is also. Anytime I had any questions regarding my surgery, rescheduling, or simply to change an appointment date, I was treated extremely well by him and his staff. He returns phone calls very quickly and is genuinely concerned about his patients. I would reccommend him to anyone that is need of any neurosurgery.