Dr. Robert Kelsey Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Kelsey Jr?

This man has no heart

Posted on May 28th, 2016

He misdiagnosed my condition--rather did not fully analyze that I my back labor indicated a baby with face up -which resulted in severe trauma to my tailbone. He discouraged me from coming in after my initial call that I might be in labor with severe back pain, he had me pushing while laying on my back (despite the nurses even suggesting otherwise), he promoted an epidural when already over 4 1/2 cm and progressing fasr, which resulted in a lot of ineffective pushing putting the baby under stress and me with a broken tailbone and 3rd degree tear!

Posted on May 12th, 2016

Delivered my son and was so wonderful scheduling my induction one day after my due date and prior to his vacation time knowing I would not be delivered by anyone else.

Posted on July 9th, 2015

Terrible !!!! Don't even use this office or dr. Kelsey. Total joke

Posted on February 19th, 2015

I loved his bedside manner, very professional and makes you feel comfortable as a male doctor.

He is amazing

Posted on February 18th, 2015

I love Dr. Kelsey. I'm a first time mommy and was experiencing extreme anxiety of not knowing what to expect. Dr. Kelsey answered all of my questions and made me feel a million times better. He took his time with me and assured me that he and his team would take very good care of me. I strongly recommend Dr. Kelsey!!!!!

a gem

Posted on October 6th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Kelsey for about 15 years, and I am so glad that I was fortunate enough to find him when I was having some problems that the suburban dr. were freaking out about. (they wanted to recommend a hysterectomy and I hadn't even had children). He was the first dr. who was very calm about my condition, and told me I had other options. I am happy to say that he has seen me through my three children, (delivered two of them) and a successful hysterectomy. I trust his surgical skills more than any other dr., and have heard from other dr.s that his skills as a surgeon are top notch. I was referred to him by a lady who was dealing with bad endometriosis, and when she felt she was out of options she found him, and he treated her successfully and she is now a mother.

I wouldn't trust him to remove a sliver

Posted on October 19th, 2011

He was in too big a hurry to go out for the evening, Rushed my delivery and left me with permanent physical damage. I would have loved to sue him for malpractice but could not deal with the humiliation of what I would have had to go through openly talking about the permanent humiliating problems his inabilities left me that I have to live with for the rest of my life.

Dr. Kelsey is the best

Posted on February 4th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Kelsey for about 20 years. He saw me through all 3 of my pregnancies. He has consistently shown me expertise, compassion, humor, and kindness. I trust him completely. I will never forget coming to him once as a young woman in my early 20's with a concern after self-diagnosis. Looking back my fears were silly to me but he treated my concern with respect, kindness and objectivity and armed me with knowledge and eased my fears with information. He was a dream with my first child, encouraging me all the while. He helped me literally laugh my 2nd child out of me, all the while laughing with us. They were beautiful deliveries.When my 3rd child was born I was given too much epidural and almost passed out in the bed. Dr. Kelsey immediately noticed my vitals when he came into the room when no one else did. In complete fear I told him everything was getting fuzzy and I knew I'd either pass out or throw up. He got the anesthesiologist to do what needed to be done, put his hand on my cheek and reassured me that I was going to have this baby and be fine. I will never forget his reassurance and leadership. This is what being a doctor is all about. During my divorce I broke down in tears in the middle of the exam. I was so embarrassed but Dr. Kelsey had just the right amount of support, encouragement and kindness. He was cold, he wasn't mushy, he was simply himself...caring, kind and matter of fact.I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Kelsey to anyone who asks. He is a skilled doctor and a wonderful man.

Doctor is classic narcisstic and not the doctor to be there to start a new family.

Posted on September 24th, 2010

This doctor or so called doctor should not be allowed to see women in any manner. He is a narcissistic and i can tell he manages his staff with fear. He never looks anyone in the eye when speaking. I wonder if he is human. It is as if he is a dr. jekyll mr hyde if I didnt know any better.

An excellent doctor - wonderful bedside manner, highly skilled and proactive in addressing any medical issues

Posted on April 17th, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Kelsey for 20 years, and just brought my 13 year old daughter in to see him for the first time. Dr. Kelsey has taken care of me with great skill and compassion through two miscarriages, infertility treatments, serious complications from infertility drugs, my high-risk pregnancy with my now 13 year old twins, and all of my regular gynecological needs. He is supremely competent, and I would trust him, and have trusted him, with my life. He is amazing. He is not only skillful, competent, and calmly confident, but he listens and spends as much time as needed with his patients.One of the things I appreciate the most about Dr. Kelsey is that he was so proactive with my infertility issues. He took action quickly to figure out what was causing my infertility - I had a combination of ovulation issues and uterine abnormalities. He first gave me low level fertility drugs, but upped the level when the original drugs did not work for several months, and referred me to a wonderful fertility specialist, with whom he worked very closely to get me pregnant. Then following a late miscarriage, he quickly assessed a uterine abnormality and fixed it. My successful pregnancy with my twins followed shortly thereafter. And with that pregnancy he was not going to let me take any chances, since he judged me high-risk as being both older (over 35) and with a history of two miscarriages, so he saw me often and put me on modified bedrest at about 6 months.I trust him so much that I now have brought my daughter in to start seeing him (my daughter, who he delivered). I trust him to give her good solid advice, and to take very good care of her. I hope he keeps practicing for many, many years to come, and, when the time is right (in many, many years when my daughter is much older), he delivers my grandchildren.I've been meaning to write a review for Dr. Kelsey for years, in appreciation for all of the big ways (my wonderful children!) and lttle ways (every time I see him for a check-up) he has been so good to me, and I finally have found a moment to do so.

The Best Doctor in Chicago

Posted on March 26th, 2009

Dr. Kelsey is the best doctor I have ever had. He is patient and kind, and willing to talk with you about whatever issues you have for as long as it takes. His bedside manner is excellent. He actually acquaints himself with your chart before he walks in the door, so that when he does walk in the door, he knows the last time you were there and what you were there for, and he actually asks about you and your family. I can't imagine going to any other doctor but him. Sometimes you have to wait for an appointment but it's worth the wait!!!

Great baby doctor

Posted on October 2nd, 2008

Dr Kelsey saw me through my pregnancy, did a c-section when my baby was breach, and answered all my questions with kindness and good humor throughout. You may spend some time waiting to see him, but that's because he is giving everyone attention and care. I'd recommend him and I have.