Obstetrician & Gynecologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Watch Out!!!  |  show details
by Tracey on Apr 25th, 2014

I used Dr. Kuhne for my last two deliveries in Richardson. I had a C-section with my first child. Unbeknown to me, my second daughter, whom I wanted to try a natural delivery, was born with shoulder dystocia and I did not find out until we sued Dr. Kuhne for the birth and mistakes of my third child. My third child also had shoulder dystocia. With no sonogram done before or at the time of delivery, and me having juvenile diabetes, he said my last child was going to be around the weight of my second child. Boy was he wrong! My last child was 13 lbs and I'm 5' and was stuck on bestest the last two months of my pregnancy. She was born dead, a broken left humerus, 4 fractured right ribs, she was black and blue all down the right side of her body, and she had ERB'S Palsy. I was bleeding internally after that and he left the hospital without prescribing any pain medicines. The next day he was going to release me and I kept insisting on getting my tubes tied. He said that was a mistake because my last child probably wouldn't make it out alive. She now has a life long nerve injury along with several surgeries and more to go. He didn't want to see me anymore after that delivery either. We ended up suing him for the minimum amount of malpractice insurance he has and carries. It's nothing! We have to spend out of pocket hundreds of thousands of dollars. And he knows nothing of diabetes! He also caused a friend of mine to go blind after her delivery several years ago. He then told her she needed to see a specialist and didn't let her back either. Watch out for this man! He doesn't care and he lies like crazy! And then he will wash his hands of you when something goes wrong due to him. My daughter is physically handicapped for the rest of her life because of him! And he doesn't care!

|  Horrible experience  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2013

In a short, to the point way to put it....this was not a good experience at all. They required I come in every month to get a prescription refilled just to get a co-pay out of me apparently. Tried shoving A.D.D. medicine down my throat and urging me to keep trying it. Mainly so I would come back and have to pick up the prescription every single month, which in turn meant a co-pay every month. Ridiculous and not good practice. So disappointed in the time and money I wasted.

|  show details
Dec 1st, 2012

This is this best Doctor ever!! I would recommend him to all of my family and friends! Takes time to listen and figure out everything you need!! I recommend him and his caring staff!

|  Do your reasearch on this one!  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2012

In 2007 I had to make an appt gor him to hand me my refil RX. Got another Dr that didn't The insurance company denied my claims because he "didn't file in the contractual timeframe". He refiled with his proof and they denied again, same reason. Now in 2012 he turns it to collections and it's put on my husbands credit report! Really?! If his staff would have done their job, he would have gotten paid. Not to mention...I paid $20 co pay and he was charging insurance $100 each time I needed to refil my RX. That's my horible experience with him.

|  Dr Chris Kuhne  |  show details
May 21st, 2012

A true caring doctor and staff in Frisco,TX. Its been a long time since I found a doctor who will take the time and meet with you in his office to discuss your concerns and answer questions about your personal health. Dr Kuhne is sensitive to patience time and most appointments run on schedule! How refreshing! Lynn S

|  Just say no thanks  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2011

Do not go to this doctor. He nearly ruined my life with his terrible antics. I ended up in the ER after many meds he prescribed me at once. The ER doc simply said "do not go back to him". I haven't and his office has never called to check on me, this was over 2 years ago. I can't go into it all, it is still too much to even think about. Just stay away, stay far away. If he doesn't have patients he cannot continue as a doctor. We all have to have a voice, this is mine, please hear me and don't let him ruin you.

|  Almost lost his license to practice over our case  |  show details
Nov 26th, 2010

Our child was "delivered" by Dr.Kuhne some years ago. My wife went into labor on my birthday at around 3pm. It was a Sunday and the Cowboys and Redskins had just gone into overtime. We called him to let him know she was in labor but apparently Dr. Kuhne had been "enjoying" the game a little too much with friends that afternoon and was in no condition to deliver a child. Per the orders of Dr. Kuhne, my wife's labor was stopped until he sobered up enough to deliver the next morning. We were told he would be in at 9am "to deliver our son" because "he can't be up all night delivering babies when he has a patients to see at his practice the next morning." The rude hospital staff started my wife on a bag of oxytocin the next morning at 6am (we were never consulted on stopping and restarting labor---it was just done by this idiot). Dr. Kuhne slipped into his scrubs at 9am and delivered at 9:02am. In fact he was so late, that he did not have time for an episiotomy and my wife had a severe tear of multiple layers of tissue. He was in such a hurry to get to his laser hair removal clinic that he forced a manual extraction of the placenta (basically involves ripping the afterbirth out instead of letting it naturally deliver on its own). This led to my wife almost hemorrhaging to death about a week later and almost resulted in an emergency hysterectomy. This guy should not be delivering kids. His staff was rude and unprofessional. They left abnormal test results on voice mail after 5pm on a Friday which caused us to go through the weekend not knowing if our child had serious problems or not. Do yourself a favor, avoid this guy at all costs.

Doctor's Response

Fabricated story. I dont drink alcohol. I wonder what promted this guy to post something that happened "some years ago?"