Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist
4461 Coit Rd
Ste 107
Frisco, TX 75035
214-635-1942
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  Worst bedside manner ever  |  show details
by K jones on Jun 5th, 2014

He is just awful. He spent all of about 5 mins telling me that i needed surgery for a ganglion cyst. He likes to rush you in and out and is very rude.

|  Not the experience we had hoped for!  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2012

My husband recently broke his hand and sought Dr. Bass at the request of his PCP. Dr. Bass diagnosed his problem and suggested surgery. This part of the visit was fine but our experience with this practice has degraded with each additional interaction. Upon arrival at the surgery center we were were asked to pay a bill of almost $300 that was not mentioned when we paid our surgery fees ( fees verified by Dr. Bass' staff). We had to pay the $300 the day of surgery to proceed with treatment. The doctor arrived for surgery four hours beyond the time his office scheduled for surgery. Now, my husband has severe pain and we cannot seem to get a call back from the emergency contact number. I am increasingly hesitant to return to this practice and let them complete the remaining procedures.

|  Zero bedside manner, no information  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2012

He seemed bothered by the appointment and basically gave me no information other than "you fell it is going to hurt" and I am not giving you narcotics. I was not there for narcotics but rather a a plan to expedite healing and understand the timeframe, steps to make this happen.

|  I don't understand the criticism  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2012

I was referred with a broken finger from a running accident. Since I live deep in Dallas, I wondered about the long trek to the 'burbs to see him and some of the reviewers' comments had me worried. I found him and his practice associates to be thoroughly professional and have no complaints at all. I don't understand what his critics are saying.

|  Doesnt spend much time with patient  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2012

Went into his office with a sore shoulder, he spent 5 mins with me telling me that I needed physical therapy and that I needed to see his physical therapist in his office. Second visit with the him he spent around 4 mins with me. Doesnt seem to put much effort into patient's with minimal issues. Nice guy but needs a little bit of bedside manner training.

|  Wouldn't Trust My Hands to Anyone Else!  |  show details
Feb 9th, 2012

Dr. Bass and his staff have been so wonderfully competent and kind to me through the 6 hand surgeries they have performed on me in the past 8 years. My 4 trigger finger surgeries and 2 carpal tunnel surgeries have all been totally successful with the resulting full use of all parts of my hands. It is so refreshing to work with a small office staff who operate like a family. I cant imagine trusting my hands to anyone else! N.B.

|  Bedside manner  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2011

My 13 year old went in with a spiral fracture in his 3rd metacarpal from a football accident. He was very disappointed about being injured and when he asked Dr. Bass about playing football again, Dr Bass verbally jumped all over him. He started ranting about how football injured his son and his son had to have knee surgery and never played again. He continued yelling at my son that if you're going to play football, you're going to get injured. He was rude and mean to him when he's ask normal questions about when he could play. Dr. Bass even started talking about how he had one patient who wouldn't stop writing him letters about how he didn't like his outcome of his hand surgery and Dr. Bass had to hire a lawyer to stop him from writing him letters. The man is angry and has a horrible temper. I am still in shock at his attitude and treatment of the people who are coming to him for care. At that appointment, he told us that he'd be in the cast for 3 weeks and out of sports for another week after that. Wehn we went back for his 3 week check to get his cast removed, he said that it would be 3 more weeks. I asked if it was not healing like it should since that wasn't what he told us before. My son asked if he had to miss the rest of the season since there were just a few more weeks because that's not what he said the first time. I understand that bones/bodies heal at different speeds, but instead of telling us that it was worse or that it was normal, he told me that I must have heard him wrong and that we could do what we wanted but that he'd get reinjured and it wasn't his fault. Again, he went on a rant against playing football. I tried to tell him that we just had questions because that wasn't what he told us the first time. He absolutely flew off the handle if we asked questions about playing sports or questioned why things were different than his first visit. We were only trying to understand his injury and the seriousness and activity allowed. I was shocked. I've never seen a doctor with a temper like that toward his patients. Before we left, I asked for my son's x-rays. We will find another doctor if we ever have to see an orthopedic or hand specialist for any reason.

Aug 25th, 2010

Office staff leaves a little to be desired, but Dr. Bass is a superb professional doctor who diagnosed my problem and corrected it with minimul surgery.

|  professional and very skilled  |  show details
by Nancy on Jul 30th, 2010

Dr. Bass is a highly skilled, professional physician who accurately diagnosed my problem when other doctors were clueless. Surgery was scheduled quickly and his amazing skill in surgery was impressive. He wrapped the site and pain was minimum. Other reviews about him were negative which I cannot understand now that I've experienced his care.

|  Tentitive surgeon accepts nothing but perfection  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2010

Great and caring surgeon listens to your needs and questions and goes into detail to explain the process of your surgery and the rehabilitation if needed. All of the rest of these reviews are a hilarious understatement of dr bass he is the most professional and thorough surgeon I've ever seen. The negative people on this list are either ridiculously blind or just plain ignorant. I went in for a broken finger and was explained and talked to about the operation in detail before setting it up. The procedure was as painless and easy going as any surgery can be. All of the staff there including his front office manager Cheryl nurse glorietta and therapist Melissa were all helpful and I would recomend dr bass time and time again to anyone I knew for any upper extremity problems. If you want a good dr and a great surgeon go see dr bass.

by Samantha on Jun 19th, 2010

I was a patient of Dr. Bass and he was the best doctor I've seen. I've never had to wait more than five minutes to see him. He and his staff are all courteous and polite. Dr. Bass did a wonderful job on my surgery and I would recommend him to others.

Jun 17th, 2010

Dr.Bass Is a Fantastic Surgeon.

by Katherine Latham on Jun 1st, 2010

Dr. Bass is a miracle worker. Our son suffered a scafoid fracture that went undetected for almost 5 months. Dr. Bass perfomed intricate surgery to repair the bone with a screw and then grafted a piece of bone with its own blood supply to the break to insure healing. He warned that it would be 6-8 months before our son could return to the lacrosse field for his senior year of DI Varsity play and he would not and could not release a patient that was not completely healed. We followed Dr. Bass's instructions to the letter and used the bone stimulator he prescribed religiously. All the after care visits were encouraging and when released to physical therapy we stayed true to his plan for healing. My son was cleared in December by Dr. Bass and was able to return to the lacrosse field at the beginning of the season in January and was named to the first team All District and had the Most Goals award for his team. I cannot thank Dr. Bass enough for his wonderful care. When a teenager looks forward to visiting a doctor and tells his friends how nice the staff is, someone is doing something right!Front office, nurses, physical therapists...all are caring, kind and personable. The only reason the wait is long is because Dr. Bass takes the time to relate with his patients and doesnt' leave until you have your questions answered and are comfortable. He has taken excellent care of my mother and her hand ailments as well.

|  Very unconcerned and no bedside manner  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2010

To start with, this doctor's front office is horrible. At one point, it was his wife, who is equally as rude as he is. Now, I don't know who works there because since I was released in 2006, I stay far away! If I broke my hand or wrist or both in a million pieces, I would travel hundreds of miles if that's what it took to find another doctor. He has major "little man's syndrome". On the other hand, I have had other orthopedist's tell me that he did a beautiful job on the plate and screws in my wrist, hospital acquired MRSA and all. I am in the medical field and I know without a doubt that this whole practice is the opposite of "quality patient care". Thanks for reading!

Jan 17th, 2010

I saw Dr Bass twice in the last 9 months. The first time I complained of general shoulder pain and he sent me to his physical therapist for 4 weeks(she is the nicest person there), the second time about 4 months later, I pointed out a swelled spot near my collar bone and he advised me it would probably go away in time and I needed a few more weeks of physical therapy. After the physical thereapy did not work I found another Othopedic and he immediatley focused on the swelled area and sent me for an MRI. I don't have a final dianosis, but I do have a large tumor and some type of cancer. I fear that had I continued seeing Dr Bass this would have been missed or so late that I would have lost more precious months needed to treat the cancer. Perhaps his disgnosis was reasonable, but a second orthopedic immediatley focused more on that than the sypmtons. Dr. Bass also spends limited time talking to you and has a general poor attitude.

|  Angry little man  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2009

I have been to Dr Bass on several occasions as unfortunately, he is the only hand specialist in North Dallas. This man is combative, rude, and an overall mean person. At this point, I can almost laugh about it because I am stuck going to him and I am consistently amazed by his poor bedside manner. If there was even one other hand specialist in N Dallas this guy would be out of business.

|  Terrible Experience at Dr. Bass' Office  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2009

I was referred to Dr. Bass by another doctor and trusting that doctor I went to Dr. Bass' office. This was a mistake from the beginning! The lady that answered the phone said, "What is wrong with you" in a very short tone not what are your symptoms or any other response that might be less rude! When I sat in the waiting room the lady at the windowed continued to finish her personal call while I waited then she took the lady that walked in rather than me who had been sitting there for 15 mintues! Finally she got to me and then I waited to another 15 minutes as she answered the phone and asked people what was wrong with them chewing her gum smacking her mouth. Then I go in and another lady who never told me who she was asked me about what was going on with me and walked out.... another 10 minutes later Dr. Bass appeared. He sat down and asked me what was wrong I told him I had pain in my wrist so he flipped over my hands not caring that I just got the words out of my mouth that it hurt and said his diagnosis and ordered medication and physical therapy. He may be a terrific doctor I will NEVER know because I would never go back to his office again. I felt like I was a problem for him and his staff. The time that I spend with him was almost two minutes and he based his entire diagnosis off of flipping my wrists asking two questions and walking out. Then I get his bill in the mail and it says that it is 90 days past due I went in September 2009 and the bill was sent October 2009 that would hard to be 90 days late, but obviously his staff is in desperate need of training. I would tell anyone that was going to his office to find another doctor. I will also not be using the doctor that referred me to Dr. Bass any more as I don't trust his judgement any longer.

|  Very disrespectful  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2009

Saw this doctor due to a referral from my primary doctor. Mr. Bass was combative without provocation, & questioning me as to why my doctor referred me to him. A little respect on his part would've been nice, even if he had issues w/ my primary doctor's referral...unbelievable. Very poor bedside manner. I was shocked at the way he was talking to me. Maybe he just doesn't like military veterans, who knows. My recommendation is stay far away from this guy. My primary doctor will be losing my business as a result of this as well.

|  Hand  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2009

Not happy with out come of surgery.