Dr. Robert Bass MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 6th, 2014
Worst bedside manner ever
He is just awful. He spent all of about 5 mins telling me that i needed surgery for a ganglion cyst. He likes to rush you in and out and is very rude.

October 27th, 2012
Not the experience we had hoped for!
My husband recently broke his hand and sought Dr. Bass at the request of his PCP. Dr. Bass diagnosed his problem and suggested surgery. This part of the visit was fine but our experience with this practice has degraded with each additional interaction. Upon arrival at the surgery center we were were asked to pay a bill of almost $300 that was not mentioned when we paid our surgery fees ( fees verified by Dr. Bass' staff). We had to pay the $300 the day of surgery to proceed with treatment. The doctor arrived for surgery four hours beyond the time his office scheduled for surgery. Now, my husband has severe pain and we cannot seem to get a call back from the emergency contact number. I am increasingly hesitant to return to this practice and let them complete the remaining procedures.

September 19th, 2012
Zero bedside manner, no information
He seemed bothered by the appointment and basically gave me no information other than "you fell it is going to hurt" and I am not giving you narcotics. I was not there for narcotics but rather a a plan to expedite healing and understand the timeframe, steps to make this happen.

April 24th, 2012
Doesnt spend much time with patient
Went into his office with a sore shoulder, he spent 5 mins with me telling me that I needed physical therapy and that I needed to see his physical therapist in his office. Second visit with the him he spent around 4 mins with me. Doesnt seem to put much effort into patient's with minimal issues. Nice guy but needs a little bit of bedside manner training.

October 19th, 2011
Bedside manner
My 13 year old went in with a spiral fracture in his 3rd metacarpal from a football accident. He was very disappointed about being injured and when he asked Dr. Bass about playing football again, Dr Bass verbally jumped all over him. He started ranting about how football injured his son and his son had to have knee surgery and never played again. He continued yelling at my son that if you're going to play football, you're going to get injured. He was rude and mean to him when he's ask normal questions about when he could play. Dr. Bass even started talking about how he had one patient who wouldn't stop writing him letters about how he didn't like his outcome of his hand surgery and Dr. Bass had to hire a lawyer to stop him from writing him letters. The man is angry and has a horrible temper. I am still in shock at his attitude and treatment of the people who are coming to him for care. At that appointment, he told us that he'd be in the cast for 3 weeks and out of sports for another week after that. Wehn we went back for his 3 week check to get his cast removed, he said that it would be 3 more weeks. I asked if it was not healing like it should since that wasn't what he told us before. My son asked if he had to miss the rest of the season since there were just a few more weeks because that's not what he said the first time. I understand that bones/bodies heal at different speeds, but instead of telling us that it was worse or that it was normal, he told me that I must have heard him wrong and that we could do what we wanted but that he'd get reinjured and it wasn't his fault. Again, he went on a rant against playing football. I tried to tell him that we just had questions because that wasn't what he told us the first time. He absolutely flew off the handle if we asked questions about playing sports or questioned why things were different than his first visit. We were only trying to understand his injury and the seriousness and activity allowed. I was shocked. I've never seen a doctor with a temper like that toward his patients. Before we left, I asked for my son's x-rays. We will find another doctor if we ever have to see an orthopedic or hand specialist for any reason.

August 25th, 2010
Office staff leaves a little to be desired, but Dr. Bass is a superb professional doctor who diagnosed my problem and corrected it with minimul surgery.

July 30th, 2010
professional and very skilled
Dr. Bass is a highly skilled, professional physician who accurately diagnosed my problem when other doctors were clueless. Surgery was scheduled quickly and his amazing skill in surgery was impressive. He wrapped the site and pain was minimum. Other reviews about him were negative which I cannot understand now that I've experienced his care.

June 19th, 2010
Tentitive surgeon accepts nothing but perfection
Great and caring surgeon listens to your needs and questions and goes into detail to explain the process of your surgery and the rehabilitation if needed. All of the rest of these reviews are a hilarious understatement of dr bass he is the most professional and thorough surgeon I've ever seen. The negative people on this list are either ridiculously blind or just plain ignorant. I went in for a broken finger and was explained and talked to about the operation in detail before setting it up. The procedure was as painless and easy going as any surgery can be. All of the staff there including his front office manager Cheryl nurse glorietta and therapist Melissa were all helpful and I would recomend dr bass time and time again to anyone I knew for any upper extremity problems. If you want a good dr and a great surgeon go see dr bass.

June 19th, 2010
I was a patient of Dr. Bass and he was the best doctor I've seen. I've never had to wait more than five minutes to see him. He and his staff are all courteous and polite. Dr. Bass did a wonderful job on my surgery and I would recommend him to others.

June 17th, 2010
Dr.Bass Is a Fantastic Surgeon.

April 21st, 2010
Very unconcerned and no bedside manner
To start with, this doctor's front office is horrible. At one point, it was his wife, who is equally as rude as he is. Now, I don't know who works there because since I was released in 2006, I stay far away! If I broke my hand or wrist or both in a million pieces, I would travel hundreds of miles if that's what it took to find another doctor. He has major "little man's syndrome". On the other hand, I have had other orthopedist's tell me that he did a beautiful job on the plate and screws in my wrist, hospital acquired MRSA and all. I am in the medical field and I know without a doubt that this whole practice is the opposite of "quality patient care". Thanks for reading!

January 17th, 2010
I saw Dr Bass twice in the last 9 months. The first time I complained of general shoulder pain and he sent me to his physical therapist for 4 weeks(she is the nicest person there), the second time about 4 months later, I pointed out a swelled spot near my collar bone and he advised me it would probably go away in time and I needed a few more weeks of physical therapy. After the physical thereapy did not work I found another Othopedic and he immediatley focused on the swelled area and sent me for an MRI. I don't have a final dianosis, but I do have a large tumor and some type of cancer. I fear that had I continued seeing Dr Bass this would have been missed or so late that I would have lost more precious months needed to treat the cancer. Perhaps his disgnosis was reasonable, but a second orthopedic immediatley focused more on that than the sypmtons. Dr. Bass also spends limited time talking to you and has a general poor attitude.