Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Carter
Dr. Robert Carter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Carthage, MO, with another office in Joplin, MO. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology and Oncology, Internal Medicine, Pathology and Nuclear Medicine. Dr. Carter is affiliated with Freeman Hospital West, Freeman Neosho Hospital and Mercy Hospital Carthage. Dr. Carter has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Carter has the following 4 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies...
- Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear medicine specialists are doctors who have extensive training in the use of nuclear substances, like radiation, to diagnose and treat certain illnesses.
These specialists perform diagnostic tests in which a small amount of a radioactive...
Dr. Robert Carter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Carthage, MO.
Dr. Sitaraman Subramanian
Pulmonary Disease, Internal Medicine
Carthage, MO 1.05 mi49
Dr. Ali Abu-Libdeh
Rheumatology, Internal Medicine
Carthage, MO 1.05 mi48
Dr. Raphael Torontow
Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine
Carthage, MO 1.06 mi51