Otolaryngologist

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
SLICK, SUPERFICIAL, PROFIT MOTIVATED, WRONG DIAGNOSIS, WRONG SURGERY show details SLICK, SUPERFICIAL, PROFIT MOTIVATED, WRONG DIAGNOSIS, WRONG SURGERY
Jan 31st, 2015

This was a few years ago, when Dr. Coulthard slammed me to his newest partner for sinusitis surgery, who promptly refused to give me a blood test, and refused to give me a blood pressure check. Why? He obviously wanted to fast track me into a Laparoscopy. He said "You're not going to get a blood test, I'm not going to give you a blood test." which I found astonishing, but also wanted to get well, so I took the risk of trusting this characterless character. Results: Lap surgery went ok, except: My head and neck pain did not improve at all. I had hi BP in the recovery room. Dean calls floor doctor to ask why I had hi BP, not me. I didn't know, floor doc didn't know, Dean had no clue. Three months, still in head pain. Dean says the op was a success, then claims I had migraines. I've never had a migraine in my life. The upshot: Two years go by, Dean does not touch me. It's a game: How can I make $600 bucks without washing my hands. BUT, there were two retro-auricular tumors. Missed by Dean for two years, closing circulation, causing hi BP, amongst many other problems. Last meeting with Dean, he said he didn't believe my head still had pressure. Two years, ten plus thousand lost. Pain, injury, couldn't work with two undiagnosed tumors, and a minor league ENT quack yammering about his bass fishing in Minnesota while denying his patient correct surgery and relief. This is a callous, totally insensitive selfish immature concept of a predatory profit- mongerer. The kind you hope never walks in during your awful health crisis. He is the lips and ears of a disaster waiting to happen. Malpractice attys I've spoken to say he was guilty of negligence, a form of malpractice. Mercaldo atty said the statute of limitations in Az is only two years, therefore Dean is technically beyond legal action. In retrospect, only Dr. Cravens appears to be a top notch, caring physician of the TENT clinic MD batch. As for Dean, he should not be in any field of health care, whether surgery of otherwise, he just does not have the values for this important calling.

by Juliet Zinke on Jan 6th, 2015

My experience with Dr. Dean was life changing. He has operated on me twice, and both times it was successful. I would think twice moving from Tucson, solely because I would no longer have him as my Doctor treating my polyps.

To be ignored show details To be ignored
by Matt D on Jun 3rd, 2013

If you want an office that doesn't know how to bill your insurance, how to make an accurate appt. and makes you wait, this office is for you. If you want a Dr. that makes you wait, doesn't listen to you, ignores you, and tells you that even though he prescribed the machine you are having trouble with you should go see your Primary care Dr. Dr. Dean is your man. If you want to be treated like human being and would like any form of compassion, go somewhere else.

Quality Time Compromise show details Quality Time Compromise
Sep 4th, 2012

It's not likely I'll change from Dr Dean as I do like that he's straightforward and will take time to answer my questions (usually only 1 or 2 per visit); but it is frustrating to a working engineering professional to have the first appointment of the day and still wait 45 minutes to see him.

Sep 30th, 2011

Too waiting times, once called in his room,client waits another 20 - 30 min.

Good ENT show details Good ENT
May 4th, 2011

I am very pleased with Dr. Dean, he is very caring, has an excellent bedside manner. I felt comfortable allowing him to do my daughters surgery. My only complaint is how busy he is. It took 2 hrs past my appt. time for him to see us at which time he seemed rushed because he still has another patient after us at 6:30pm. He was also late for my daughters surgery but he is a great surgeon. If you don't mind waiting on him, he is worth seeing!

Un-careing show details Un-careing
by Edward Gonzales on Oct 8th, 2010

I have one hearing ear left. I develoed sudden hearing loss in my one good ear and was seen 3 days later, which was pretty good. Dr. Dean examined me and ordered an mri to rule out an auditory nerve tumor.On my follow up visit to find out the results he said rather cold heartedly that it came back negative, we don't know why you lost your hearing in your left ear and now are having episodes with your other ear. Expect to lose your hearing on your right ear, just like you did in your left ear. Any questions? The follow up visit with him lasted about 5 or 6 min's. EASY MONEY, is how it made me feel.

Jun 3rd, 2010

One of the best doctors I've ever had.Professional, competent, compassionate, kind, willing to ask for second opinions,fabulous care.

Jan 2nd, 2009

Dr. Dean is very caring and professional! I saw him for several allergy visits & he also performed sinus surgery for me. I would recommend him to anyone looking for an ENT doc!