Dr. Robert Elliott MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

November 4th, 2015
Office is slow, explained as new electronic records, but finally saw the doc who apologized and spent a lot of time with me. He offered to watch my problem for a while and didn't seem eager to "cut". I eventually had surgery. He called to check on me and fussed at my wife because she wasn't following the printed instructions. He seems to care.

July 30th, 2015
If your overweight I would not see him. All he can recommend is diet and exercise even if your appendix is about to burst.

July 8th, 2015
Excellent!
The first time I met Dr. Elliott I didn't think I liked him. His manner was extremely professional but seemed a little unfriendly. However, after additional meetings and surgeries with Dr. Elliott I found my first impression to be incorrect! He is an excellent doctor and surgeon whom I trust completely and would highly recommend.

December 16th, 2014
Dr. Elliott and staff are the best!

November 19th, 2013
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
After I had been diagnose with gallstones and gallbladder inflammation, I was referred to Dr. Elliott for my surgery. Initially, he struck me as a bit curt, which was perceived as a little rude. In reality, he is just very direct and straight to theppoint. The day of my surgery he was friendly and calm, answered all of my questions. He called the same night to see how i was holding up, and my follow up appointment went perfect. I was hesitant to use him as my surgeon after reading all the negative reviews about him on here, especially for my exact surgery. I almost switched surgeons. But im glad i stayed in Dr. Elliotts care. My incisions healed wonderfully, no excessive scarring, no infection, and easy to understand post surgery instructions.

March 27th, 2013
Would Not Recommend
I wish I had read these reviews before we went to see him. Our primary doctor referred my son to Dr. Elliott. The primary dr said my son's pain was a hernia, he was just sure of it and sent us to Elliott. Elliott spent all of 2 minutes examining and said he didn't think it was a hernia and to give it at least 2 more months (after we told him walking was painful). He also asked my son what is summer plans were and my son said not much then Elliott told him in a loud voice, how about getting a JOB?! My son has a job, this guy is just rude. We left and never went back. Also...it was a hernia.

January 21st, 2013
Had my gallbladder removed and almost died....not just did I not receive any after care, but the good Dr Elliott insisted that nothing was wrong . 2 weeks after the surgery I ended up in the Hospital, septic and with a hughes Absess under my liver, and unattached bile ducts. I was hospitalized for 10 days and had to give my self IV antibiotics for 6 weeks... He did not care one bit. No I have constant problems with my bile ducts....thx Dr Elliott

June 19th, 2012
Bedside manner of a troll
When delivering pathology results over the phone to my 19 yr old daughter (previously diagnosed with melanoma), she asked about his phrase "negative for residual tumors". After a long pause, he said " and you graduated High School?" then he abruptly hung up. He had been annoyed and rude in previous meetings when we asked about melanoma.

March 8th, 2012
Went for a consultation for gall bladder removal; figured it was more a formality than anything, just needed to schedule the surgery. Dr. Elliott basically indicated that all the symptoms I'm having were not related to bad gall bladder and suggested high fiber diet and if I chose not to do that, than my symptoms were my own fault. Seemed more concerned w/diagnosing a left inguinal hernia that doesn't bother me than addressing the symptoms that are pretty much incapacitating me. Won't go back and won't recomment him to anyone, ever.

March 6th, 2012
Wonderful Doctor!
I took my son to the ER because his side was hurting they told me it was gas. The next day our primary doctor sent us to Dr. Elliott and he was able to diagnose my son with appendicitis with 5 minutes. He performed the surgery within a few hours and did an excellent job explaining everything to us. Even when I was concerned about my sons recovery he got us in and checked it out. We highly recommend Dr. Elliott.

August 19th, 2011
Would not recommend........
Dr Elliot initially cut/drained a cyst, later removed that cyst plus another one and 2 lypomas. Two years later he also removed my gall bladder. My main complaints are bedside manner (he thinks he is being funny when he's not) and pain management. Overall, I had an ok experience with the cysts and lypomas, but what really got me was after the Gall Bladder surgery. Basically he "yelled" at me for several things that "I" did wrong (including taking a Vicodin after surgery and STILL taking it a week later). This was just 4 weeks after a c-section....he had absolutely no sympathy or consideration for what my body had already just been through. I actually left his office after the follow up and cried for 3 days (I think post-partum hormones had a little something to do with it.....). There was a whole lot more that happened, but I will try not to bore you with the details, just know I will NEVER go back after that. It was so awful.

May 3rd, 2011
My wife and I had no problem with Dr Elliot. He was courteous and patient with us. We had questions and he answerd them at a level we could understand the medical terms.