Otolaryngologists

Eye & Ear Institute
200 Lothrop St
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-647-2100
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  Tremendous and caring physician  |  show details
by Andy B. on May 5th, 2014

My wife went to Dr. Ferris for surgery to remove a rare tumor of the vagal nerve in the neck region. Dr. Ferris explained everything to us, including how the surgery would be performed alongside the neurosurgeon, where the incision would be, how long the surgery would likely take, and all the possible and likely side-effects of the surgery. It is obvious that he is a very experienced and trustworthy ENT surgeon, and the surgery went extremely well, with the tumor being removed and the side-effects on par with what he told us to expect. He was extremely caring, even consoling my wife when she broke down crying at the appointment, and assuring her that she would be taken care of. We had a great experience with him, and I would recommend Dr. Ferris to anyone having a surgery of the neck region.

|  Waste of time  |  show details
by Concerned Patient on Oct 10th, 2013

Dr. Ferris is obviously too busy to provide appropriate care. His assessment was approximately 3 minutes long. He rushed into the office, literally shoved a tube down my throat, then up my nose without Lidocaine. All I could do is keep gagging. He pulls the tube out, "you're fine"...then leaves in the abrupt manner that he came in. Long wait for truly less than a 5 minute assessment. Save yourself time and schedule an appointment with a provider that actually appears to care.

|  nasty  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2013

this man treated me horribly when I was seen by him. he had a couple of other men with him when he did a nasal endoscopy on me. he shoved the tube in my nose in such a forceful manner, that I immediately cried out in pain. he and the other men laughed at this. it was the most bizarre treatment i have ever received from a "professional". super creep.

|  COMPASSION????  |  show details
by ms. j on Apr 24th, 2013

I realize the man is busy, but rushing my sister out of the office after giving her a stage 4 CA Dx is heartless. Maybe because she is on a state funded health insurance plan and the fact the she is not educated???? Maybe he thought it was a waste of time TO SPEND ANY TIME AT ALL with her!Shame on you DR. FERRIS!

|  Perineural Invasion  |  show details
by Alexander on Mar 25th, 2013

It is apparent that he cares about the patients, and he is highly skilled in his field. I recommend him to everybody.

Jun 26th, 2012

Wonderful, caring doctor that you can trust.

Jan 14th, 2012

Dr. Ferris is a very compassionate and caring doctor. The only complaint I have is the wait timeat his office, and always feeling rushed, espically if you have an afternoon appointment.

|  Amazing  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2011

I wish the Dr. could be the doctor of everything I have to deal with! He is amazing and his staff is courtious and kind. They answer each and every question and ask you if you need anything else. I wish I could invite them all to a picnic! That is how at ease they make you feel. AND he is an absolute expert in his field! I'm glad I was in such great hands!

|  squamus cell carcinoma  |  show details
by joe bucci on Nov 4th, 2010

dr. ferris used state of the art robotic surgery.which helped cut the recovery time down.i knew i was in good hands.

Sep 22nd, 2010

one of the best doctors in the country at the world class upmc health system

|  Kind, Caring and Gifted  |  show details
by Judith Babo Dufala on Sep 22nd, 2010

Dr. Ferris has done surgery on me twice. I found him to be kind, caring, and compassionate. Any question I asked him was answered politely, I was never rushed from his office. He was quick to let me know the results of my tumor biopsies. He would call me himself with the reports. I would highly recommend Dr. Ferris.