Dr. Robert Henderson Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Alabaster, AL

October 15th, 2013
After two years of suffering with a severe rash, Dr Henderson helped me so much. His office staff is great too.

May 21st, 2012
It took 3 weeks to get an appointment, but once in the office the wait time was exceptional. The staff were very nice and professional. It was my first exam so I didn't no what to expect but being faired skin I had several areas of concern. Dr. Henderson was nice but not overly personable. He spent less than 5 minutes in my exam and didn't exam anything on the lower extremities or the front of my torso. I had to ask him to exam the next and buttocks area. I am thankful that he found nothing suspicious but I don't feel confident about his diagnosis since I didn't feel like I was examined thoroughly.

February 21st, 2011
The Jury is Still Out
I've seen Dr. Henderson on three separate occasions (after consulting with four other dermatologists who gave different diagnoses and prescriptions, none of which were valid). He has been able to treat my condition but will not provide a diagnosis (I'd really like to know what this skin ailment really is). Initially, it was very difficult to get an appointment (3 week minimum). However, that has improved -- Called Monday and was able to get an appointment the same week. I still have recurrences and a few spots that haven't cleared up, but I'm giving him time to build a history of my problems. That's why I chose the title of "The Jury is Still Out". Thus far, I've been very pleased with Dr. Henderson and his entire staff.

August 9th, 2010
Great
Hard for me to post a negative comment. A delightful physician to interact with.

July 28th, 2010
Dr. Henderson correctly diagnosed my condition. However, getting an appointment is difficult. They schedule 3 weeks from when you call from my experience.

November 25th, 2009
Hard lessons learned that doctors should not try to be friends with their patients
Although it is okay for a doctor and a patient to have friendly encounters both in and out of the professional relationship, it doesn't really work out for the doctor to try to be friends with his/her patient. That usually always results in a demise of a trusting relationship and awkwardness and tension on the part of the former patient who then worries about whether any important confidences will be broken as a result. However, that is what makes Dr. Henderson unique, because he can put a personal focus on the individual patient. The accuracy in diagnosing rating is due to having found out that the condition I was under treatment with him for was in part, not what he kept saying it was, as discovered through some painful biopsies. Upon receiving my final record, I also noticed that I basically have a confirmed case of measles although again, he didn't know and neither did the pathologist apparently?