Dr. Robert Lawson MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 22nd, 2016
Arrogant Jerk
Went to ER with symptoms of kidney stones and extreme pain. My husband could not do anything to help me. I have severe pain in my right back and side. They did some tests and then Dr. Lawson said there was nothing to explain the pain and was going to send us home. My husband calmly tried to explain that he could not ease my pain and asked for them to look a little closer and asking for a second opinion. You would have thought that we called his wife a bad name. He stormed out of the room in a huff. My husband followed him to find out what the deal was. I was crying. He accused us of being rude which we were not and then insinuated that we were just there to get drugs. I guess we bruised his fragile huge ego by asking him for a second opinion which is every patients right. I have never known a more arrogant and rude doctor. If you go to Hendricks in Abilene, ask to work with someone else. FYI, it ended up that I did have kidney stones, one of which was 15mm.

August 9th, 2013
Rudest, most arrogant doctor I have ever encountered. This man was so incredibly rude to me and my family. I would not recommend him to anyone.

September 16th, 2008
Herniated Disc?
I saw Dr. Lawson last night in the ER. I have had a herniated disc, or so I've been told, for almost a year now. I have had three injections that have helped for maybe two weeks, then the pain returns. I had enough, so I went to the ER because the pain was so severe I didn't know where else to turn--my other doctors don't get back too fast and the pain was now. Dr. Lawson gave me an entirely new perspective--instead of just giving me hydrocodone like every other doctor I've had, he gave me a muscle relaxer and a nerve relaxer. When I got home from the ER, I took my meds and went to bed. For the first time in maybe three or four years, I woke up in the same position I went to sleep in 7 hours later with absolutely no pain. I almost cried because I was so emotional about this! I usually wake up three of four times a night, everytime in a new position and in lots of pain. I was taking the maximum dose of hydrocodone to help me sleep but it stopped working eventually. I knew it wasn't fixing the problem, however. I guess I went to the emergency room looking for answers to my back pain because I haven't found any answers anywhere else. Thank goodness I found someone that was willing to treat the problem and not cover it up with pain medication. You have no idea what you have done for me. Well, maybe you do because you said you had a herniated disc. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I look forward to many more restful nights of sleep. I have a lot to catch up on.

June 20th, 2015