A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Lesser:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Lesser is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Lesser, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Eye Diseases
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Ischemic Optic Neuropathy
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Optic Nerve Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Lesser graduated from Cornell University, New York. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Lesser has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division
- Hartford Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Lesser accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem - 5 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Americhoice - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Community Health Network of Connecticut - 1 plan
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Robert L. Lesser practice?
Dr. Robert Lesser practices Ophthalmology near New Haven, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Waterbury, CT and Branford, CT.
See New Haven Ophthalmologists.