Dr. Robert Schweitzer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Schweitzer?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 9th, 2013

My mother and aunt went to him. He delivered me. And I've been seeing him 3 years since we moved to this area. First of all, I had a post patrimony hemorrhage after my now 3 year old was delivered. I could have bled to death, but he saved my life. I was in hospital for three nights after that. He recently just did a hysterectomy on me as well. I love him. He's straightforward, tells it like it is, and does not acre about how much insurance pays, his patients are first. Office staff is awesome too.

July 5th, 2011

Lifetime Doc

I have been going to Dr. Schweitzer since I was 18 other than a couple years I lived out of town. While I was out of town I became pregnant. When we moved back here he took over and was very helpful with the financial as well as medical needs even though taking over late in the pregnancy. He made my husband feel extremely comfortable as well as myself which was definitely a plus. I would trust him with my care in any situation.His staff are the best. So pleasant and extremely caring.

June 9th, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Schweitzer since I was 18. My mom, gma and sister got to him as well. He is very laid back and never rushed. He delivered both my sons. He never endangered me or overlooked my pregnancy. He does things at his pace. After all these years I knwo a little about him and he rarely stays in the room 2-3 minutes after the examination. He hardly ever asks personal questions just the basic. But apparently I like it better that way. His staff is the BEST! Long time standing employees and love the patients and ask all the personal questions on family, job and life. Been going to him for 25 years so he must be good!

September 23rd, 2010

Worst OB EVER!

I was a labor and delivery nurse for 10 years, and this was the first time i had to pick a doctor with whom I had never worked, due to a move. He was recommended by the school my husband was attending. At first he seemed to be very laid back and did what was expected of him, but later he was way too laid back. At 33 weeks I started spilling protein in my urine, had terrible swelling all the way up to my knees, had headaches and every other symptom of pre eclampsia know to man. By 35 weeks my BP was 200/110, and had 3+ protein in my urine and had clonus (a neuro symptom) to boot. What did the good doctor suggest that I do? Why he told me to stop taking my blood pressure because it was making me anxious and causing my BP to rise. I called the service in late in the evening and the doc on call told me that my BP of 210/116 was "fine" and to see Schweitzer the next day. I had been expecting to be admitted and put on magnesium sulfate that night, or at least the next day after I saw him. Nope, he told his nurse not to bother taking my pressure or dipping my urine because it was going to be high, and to schedule my for my C/S the next day, never mind that I could have stroked out in the meantime or had a seizure! His surgery was the fastest I had ever experienced as a nurse or patient (I had 1 C/S before), I was in and out of the OR in 30 minutes flat, and he and his assistant talked Nascar the whole time. I had a reaction to the spinal anesthetic (which is supposed to take care of pain for at least 24 hours)and he ordered Narcan to reverse it but then refused to start me on any pain meds for 24 hours, even though I now had nothing on board. I was so miserable and sick the first night I couldn't even hold my daughter! Oh, and my pressure was still sky high. The office staff was very nice, that's the only good thing I can say about the practice.AVOID THIS MAN LIKE THE PLAGUE!

July 11th, 2017