inactive

Robert L Smith Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology New Port Richey, FL

3.8

August 1st, 2016
I was very happy with the staff and Dr.Smith I will continue when needed to visit this office again thank you..have to say I was a bit nerves for a bit but he did a great job <3

July 29th, 2016
Excellent Physician
I have been seeing Dr. Robert Smith for many years. I am very happy with his care for my GYN Physician. I do not think to much about wait time, i just try to remember that he see's OB Patients also and they take a little more time since he & his staff are taking of care of 2., Momma and Baby. His care of me is of upmost importantance, and he is always very gently and caring and Very informative. Wonderful Physician!

October 4th, 2015
Best Doctor!
I've been going to Dr.Smith for years now , whenever I had any kind of issues he was always sure they were taken care .. He delivered my first son flawlessly and kept me calm through the whole thing , now I'm on my second pregnancy and he's just as amazing .. There are times you have to wait in the waiting room due to him having a delivery or an emergency csection but that's honestly normal at ANY obs office given you can't help when a woman goes into labor , it's worth the wait though . I refer everyone I know who is looking for a obgyn to Dr.Smith !

September 4th, 2015
Dr. Smith is a wonderful OB and I would recommend him to anyone. He made my pregnancy happy again and I can’t thank him enough. I had an awful doctor previously and I had to find a new doctor at 32 weeks pregnant. Dr. Smith accepted me to his practice and took what was a stressful and scary time and made it happy again. He is so calming and comforting. He takes the time to answer all questions and genuinely cares about you. His staff is also so nice and helpful. I live 20 miles from his office but will travel there for as long as possible to see Dr. Smith.

April 9th, 2015
Fifty and Fine
I recently had surgery with Dr Smith his bedside manner and medical management is excellent. The office staff was able to get me an appointment same day when I had a problem. I did experience lack of communication on the staffs part, non return of messages and a delay in FMLA paperwork. I felt I had to chase them for the paperwork. I was surprised there was an additional charge to complete FMLA papers. Office is busy.

December 18th, 2014
The doctor is kind, explanatory, and encourages questions. Unfortunately, there are a few things that hurts this office (Trinity Medical Ctr). The hour plus wait time just to get vitals done. Not to mention afterwards, the high probability is you will be forced to wait again in the waiting room. Certain staff members are completely rude, lack in compassion, and people skills. There have been a few instances of the staff not returning calls. And lastly, if you attempt to get FMLA paperwork done for you, do not go by the time frame posted in the waiting room (7-14 days) ....it's more like a month and a half to 2 months wait time which is unheard of.

October 30th, 2014
Has no backbone
I was pregnant with my first child. When I went for my appointment, which I had waited two to wait two hours. The doctor only spent 5 minutes with me. When he induced me, he NEVER gave informed consent about the induction and what it would entail. I never knew about informed consent until my sister, who is a nurse told me. He is too busy wanting patients to like him, instead of doing what is best for them. Won't go back!

May 31st, 2013
Young Senior
Was referred to Dr Smith by my Primary Doctor since my Gyn no longer is in practice. I had a problem that needed to be addressed. His office fit me into a cancellation slot with in one weeks time. Dr. Smith has a very nice bedside manner & was pleasant which is very hard to find in most doctors. He is extremely through and took his time to explain exactly what my problem was. Then carefully explained what needed to be done and what the procedure entailed. He answered all my questions. His office set up the outpatient surgery for the following week. Two days ago was my procedure and I couldn't be happier with the way it went. He visited me before my surgery to ask me if I had any last minute questions for him. Afterwords he spoke to my husband and again explain everything in detail and said if I needed him to call the office or just come into the office and he would see me!!!!! Now that is something you don't hear from a doctor anymore! I am a very satisfied new patient of Dr. Smith's.

September 14th, 2012
dont bother
if you want to sit in an office for no less than 2 hours this is the doctor for you. he has so many patients he doesnt remember any past history on you, i am high risk of cervical cancer and he is completely nonchalant about it, and when i had my son he wasnt there to release me and didnt know that i had already paid for his circumcision so it almost didt get done i was so loaded with pitocin to accomodate his schedule even with the epidural i had severe contractions that i felt. i have a normally low blood pressure but at the end of my pregnancy it went 20 points higher and i was having vision problems(seeing spots that were bad enough to stop me from drivng)but he saw it as normal even when i expressed concern in an emergency appointment it wasnt addressed.i had swelling up to my thighs he said it was just baby weight.i would not recomend him to anyone especially if you have medicaid