inactive

• Internal Medicine Blackwood, NJ

• Good
  • Bad

August 19th, 2015
Dr Dorfner abruptly stops a life threatening medicine
Dr Dorfner dismissed me as a patient because I was receiving a controlled substance , xanax from him from the first day I met him as my dr about 17 months ago. Dr Dorfner gave me a referral to a pain doctor for my ongoing neck pain and because of my need for epidural shots, pain medicine and eventual survey. I made dorfner aware of the medicines the pain dr was giving me. He was also aware of the medicines my psychiatrist was giving me. Today the day before I need a renewal for my xanax his receptionist said he was dismissing me as a patient because I was reviewing controlled substances from him and another doctor. He has been renewing the medicine every month for the 5 months I have been seeing the pain doctor. Going off of xanax suddenly is VERY dangerous. Benzodiazapams and alcohol are the only substances that can cause death during sudden withdrawl. I understand the laws are tough for doctors prescribing controlled substance but as I said he referred me to the pain doctor and psychiatrist and I made him aware every visit what medications I was being subscribed and was taking. Why would an ethical Doctor do something to a patient that could be life threatening? I was told to go to the emergency room for help. Being a patient that takes all my meds as prescribed, never abused and I was urine tested at every visit to insure I was taking my prescribed medicine and also to prove I wasn't taking any "street drugs". This situation has made my condition worse and also I believe contributed to a recourence of shingles. I do not recommend Dr Dorfner or any of his associates.

May 8th, 2015
Very good doctor always interested in the health of the patient , up to date with medical records has a great memory

February 13th, 2015
I have been dr. Dorfner's patient for 15 years. Have had no problems with him or his staff. He is more popular now so I have to wait longer. The files are always up to date and he knows what info is in them. I would recommend him to anyone and have.

December 12th, 2014
UNORGANIZED STAFF
Assist staff is unorganized, loses files CONSTANTLY and leaves patients on telephone hold for more than 30 minutes. Too many patients located in one location has hurt the practice, not helped.

September 6th, 2011
Not A Good Doctor
Went to this Dr. for years, just for colds and sore throat visits. Maybe the most twice a year, if that. He rushes in the room, doesn't really listen to what u have to say and off he goes. Maybe less then 4 mins. with u. When I did really get sick and and was suffering, went to this Dr. several times to try and get well. He was professional the 1st office visit, did listen to me and did blood work, Maybe he listen that time only because I was crying because of pain and being sick. When I went back still very sick and upset, all he could say is, "what can I say, your blood work is good". Because my blood work came out good he wanted nothing to do with me and didn't have any idea on how to treat me. It was terrible going to him for an illness. I had to finally go seek medical from another Dr. who did finally figure out what was going on. I suffered for months because I didn't really want to have to change Drs. But he just wasn't listening to me. I would not tell anyone to visit him. He makes it clear he is to busy for u or just doesn't want to be bothered if u r sick, unless of course u r just running in for a cold. I could understand if I was a "frequent Flier" in his office, but I was one of his patients before he added more Drs. and several new offices. Totally disappointed in him and his whole practice.

December 20th, 2010
Excellent and caring physician
Office staff were courteous, Dr. Dorfner was outstanding and personable. A very bright doc.... highly recommend him

December 2nd, 2010
He's great! You're going to love him!

August 8th, 2010
Walter L. Gibson
Best doctor I Have ever had,treates you with respect and integerity.

June 25th, 2008
Finding a New Doctor
Dr. Dorfner is very professional and personable. The best Doctor I've found since living in the area. Being a new patient I thought it would be a pain. But I went in and was out of the office within a half hour.

April 4th, 2017