Dr. Robert Wagner MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.4

September 10th, 2016
Doctor best avoided if you appreciate compassion.
Very arrogant and elitist doctor who could use to learn to do no harm emotionally as well as physically when he see patients.

August 9th, 2016
It has been over two years since I had an epidural through Dr. Wagner. I would recommend him highly.

February 16th, 2014
Worst doctor ever
This was the worst experience ever with a medical "professional". He is more interested in the $$ than the patient. Wants to schedule office visits when it's obvious that he can not help the patient based on priior attempts. Obnoxious, does not listen, huge hurry and totally unprepared. A total waste of time and money. With his attitude, he should retire or take up another job that does not require interaction with the public. Less than 1 star

January 2nd, 2014
Worst doctor ever experienced
Totally unprepared, Obviously had not read any of the pateints charts, MRI, CT or XRay data. Obnoxious and condesending. Even announce during the pre-injection procedure that he wasn't even sure what to do or why we where there. Was going to call it an "Office Visit" after all of the pre-op process and call it off. Then decided that he'd look at the chart and see what to do. Extremely unprofessional . Would not recommend.

May 17th, 2012
Very unprofessional and rude.

February 8th, 2012
Doesn't have a clue
I commented a while back on Yelp, but that seems to have vanished. Both my parent and another friend have been to him with no results and RUDENESS. Waited for weeks for appointment. He made no sense - is he getting too old? and left the room with the words "Good Luck". Stay away. Find another doctor.

January 16th, 2012
Horrible treatment
This guy is Scripps Clinic only choice for pain mgnt. His bedside manner is arrogant & rushed. He has done the following that has lead me to seek out of network care. One of four epidurals actually worked, they were all hideously painful meaning proper sedation not applied..SC Rancho Bernardo staff were to rushed to notice. Each time he was 60 to 90 minutes late starting my procedure even though I had to check in 1 hour before that!!.He treats you in a condescending manner with NO empathy. He actually spoke with a drug rep in waiting room before speaking with my family when I was post-op. Said mean,rude & upsetting things just before procedure. If I wasnt in so much pain i would have got up & left. DO NOT USE HIM

October 20th, 2010
Very condescending
Dr. Wagner was the worst doctor I have been to. He was arrogant, he questioned how I had gotten injured over and over and said I couldn't have gotten injured that way. I found out in a report from another doctor that he wrote down that I had a particular diagnosis which he didn't tell me about. He also wrote a note on my chart about going in to his office in a wheelchair, yet he didn't ask why. I was in a lot of pain and couldn't walk far but he didn't believe me. He didn't offer any suggestions for pain, recouperation, injections (though I had a prescription for an injection). Then he mentioned biofeedback, or a psychologist to reduce pain and walked out without a goodbye. My husband and I couldn't believe it. I think he came across as unfeeling, and cold. Also, disbelieving his patient not listening and condescending.

September 23rd, 2010
Waste of Time
Passes on responsibility, arrogant, not helpful. Would advise seeking out a different doctor for any sort of pain management.