Dr. Robert Lacin MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Raleigh, NC

February 11th, 2016
A Doctor I Trust
Prompt, courteous, answers questions clearly. Neither Dr.Lacin nor his staff ever made me feel like I was a moron being jammed through a system intended to hurry me up instead of understanding and treating me.

February 9th, 2016
Hands down one of the worst experiences with a doctor I've ever had someone living with a genetic illness, I have spent a lot of time in and out of doctors appointments and this one was by far the most emotionally disturbing due to the way I was treated.

September 29th, 2015
Very Poor
This man looks at you and makes it sound like he care's. Ye is part of a network of doctors in NC who are all about the WC and other insurances. If you are on WC you will find very quickly he will make it sound as if you are fine without doing 1 single test.

June 8th, 2015
Had spinal fusion, never felt better

March 13th, 2015
Best Doctor
Fantastic doctor! I could not ask for a better surgeon for my dad. As a nurse I am picky but he is an all around great doctor.

December 14th, 2014
FANTASTIC, VERY CONCERNED, VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE PHYSICIAN. HE AND HIS STAFF ARE A+++++++++++++++++++++!!

April 22nd, 2013
Vertebrae out of alignment!
He was very quick!! Not too sympathetic!! Find another doc!!good luck!!:)

October 20th, 2011
Run from this person as fast as you can. His only thought is the money and not your health. He is a liar and a con. Stay away!

July 20th, 2011
Arrogant and unhelpful
Unwilling to be bothered, with an office staff who were dismissive, discourteous and unhelpful. He apparently would not be bothered to come to the ER/trauma clinic in the early evening (weekday approx. 5-9 p.m.) to see my daughter even though he was the designated on-call doctor, which resulted in her having to be admitted to the hospital overnight. We were told he'd come the next morning, but inexplicably he never showed up and finally about 5 p.m. the next day sent his P.A. instead (who was obviously rushed). By that time there was no point. We had more compassion, better service and better information provided by the vendor rep who (though not a licensed medical professional) fitted and applied a neck brace (Aspen collar) around my daughter's neck (unlike Dr. Lacin, he actually showed up that evening in response to being paged on-call). Then, for a follow up appointment two weeks later his staff was disorganized and inefficient and rude, refusing my proactive request for new patient forms at our on-time arrival. The waiting room was packed and it was clear there would be a long wait (well over an hour). When I complained, I was treated like a kid called into the principal's office and asked if I wanted to find another doctor. I said no, I just wanted medical services for my daughter, but the office manager said I had a bad attitude and then evidently consulted with Dr. Lacin, who refused to honor the appointment or see my daughter and I was told we'd be given a referral and to sit and wait, which we did. I said fine but asked to speak with him myself because I thought his staff was mispresenting me. After another 15 minutes wait, I was told they would not give me a referral and that he refused to speak with me and told to leave. Arrogance permeates this practice/office/staff. I see two comments here that Dr. Lacin is a jerk. I wish I could say better. Best to find another doctor and practice. Good luck.

March 17th, 2011
Extremely bright, kind and skilled neurosurgeon
I have had two surgeries for unrelated problems during the past 15 years by Dr. Lacin. His skills and knowledge combined with kindness made a real difference in my quality of life. Thank you dedicating your life to helping people!

February 9th, 2011
Dr. Lacin is highly competent, intelligent and interested in his patients. He and his PA are very responsive if a problem arises. He is my choice for any back problems that should arise in the future.

January 26th, 2011
Dr Lacin was chosen to operate on my cervical spine in 2008. I was very pleased overall with his manner, compassion and office staff, which is one of the things that can make or break a practice, regardless of how good a MD is. In 2010, my husband needed emergency surgery on his c-spine as well, and we chose Dr Lacin again, and we have been pleased. He is kind and caring, answers questions and explains everything, never making us feel stupid for asking questions. He came in to do my husband's surgery on his probably badly needed day off so he wouldn't have to lose more function by waiting another day. This man is HIGHLY recommended by both of us.If we ever have a need, we consider him our doctor for any neurosurgical problems.