Dr. Robert Lai MD Patient Reviews

April 11th, 2017
Great Urologist
Had a good experience

February 14th, 2016
I had a prostate infection for over a year that went undetected by Dr. Lai.

September 24th, 2012
Dr. Robert Lai is the Worst Urology Doctor ever!!!
Dr. Robert Lai scheduled me for a Lithotripsy procedure at Lutheran General Hospital (UNITED SHOCKWAVE THERAPIES), where he is affiliated knowing darn well I was not a good candidate with my BMI. He did not put my healths best interest first all he cares about is filling his pockets. So I looked up a competent Urology Dr. Turke & was told my Ureter surgery at Loyola Hospital was post poned because of complications that could have been avoided had I never been under the care of Dr. Lai, he was the Urologist on call at the Gottlieb Hospital emergency room therefor I had no choice in getting Dr. Lai care under the circumstances but I guarantee he will never ever come near me again. (I was held in a headlock position while almost paralyzed by the anesthesiologist that insisted to give me an epidural against my will, trying 4 times to go in my spine while not capable of finding the correct spot. This all happened at Lutheran General Hospital while Dr. Lai was in the room. He ignored the screams and the multiple insertion of the needles going into my spine, until I said that's enough! The anesthesiologist told him he couldn't get the right spot. By that time I felt pin needles from shoulder to shoulder going up my neck & excruciating pain in my back. Dr. Robert Lai told him to put me in recovery and bring in the next patient! Those were his exact words!!! He didn't even walk over to me to explain what just happened or why I was in so much pain and felt as though they paralyzed me. While in the recovery section a different doctor came in and gave me his card and told me that If I start having neurology problems, numbness, bad headache or double vision to go to any emergency room immediately. I left that place feeling terrified after not being able to move my neck for at least half an hour. I was terrified to go to sleep for 3 days & nights it was haunting me just as much as the back pain I got from those incompetent animals. I was sent home from Lutheran General with my panties barely on and my bra sticking out of the top of my shirt unfastened. They couldn't get me out of there fast enough because the other patients were listening to what was going on in the recovery room with just curtains separating one patient from the next. The nurse in the recovery room bumped into my IV and I cringed and her reply was "YOUR JUST WAY TOO SENSITIVE AREN'T YOU" If I wasn't in so much pain I would of showed her how sensative I really was having blown veins. The poor care not only began with Dr. Robert Lai and the anesthesiologist it went all the way down to the nurse. Shame on all of them. Lutheran General Hospital (United Shockwave Therapies) along with Dr. Lai & Gottlieb Hospital where this nightmare started!!! I have lived to learn my lesson. Loyola is the only hospital I will go to no matter how sick I am!!!