Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Virgie  |  show details
May 7th, 2013

He was rude and not helpful at all. I don't recommend him.

|  Respect  |  show details
by Margie Epting on Apr 26th, 2013

He is direct and to the point, but also very thorough. He is strictly business, which may seem impersonal to people, but I would rather have him, his knowledge, and his honesty. Another doc prescribed something, but Dr. Lander questions the helpfulness and value of the meds. He is looking out for me, and not just pimping meds. I greatly respect this doctor!

|  show details
May 11th, 2012

He was rude and his bedside manner left alot to be desired.

|  Dr Robert C Lander at Missouri Baptist Hospital Orthopedic  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2012

Dr Robert C. Lander rushed in to see me twisted my leg a little, mumbled it was mild arthritis & then flew back out the door. I sought another opinion, the new doctor had an MRI done, he treated me several months for the pain but ultimately wound up replacing my hip also said after he got in there it was much worse than he could tell on the Xray or MRI - but at least he BELIEVED me when I told him I was in excruciating pain. I am now free of that horrible pain that I lived with for too long. It took 4 opinions but finally I found a good Orthopedic doctor who HEARD me and took action.

|  NOT good  |  show details
May 23rd, 2011

Not even sure we saw him even though we had an appointment. The man we saw didn't look like the picture of Dr. Lander on Missouri Baptist web page. It could have been the hospital janitor. The man we saw was not very professional acting. He never introduced himself, he could have been the janitor. I wonder if it is some kind of medicare scam where he sends in an intern or male nurse to cut costs and still charge as if he was there.

Doctor's Response

I don't employ ancillary help. Maybe you ARE confusing me with another physician

|  show details
Apr 22nd, 2011

DR. LANDER JUST DID A TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENT ON 4/11/11 AND TODAY ,,4/22/11..I AM READY TO SHOOT HOOPS,,,HOWEVER, I WON'T GET MY WALKING PAPERS, (LOL),,, TILL MY FOLLOW-UP VISIT ON MAY THE 3D,,2011 HE ALSO DID MY LEFT KNEE,,(ORTHOSCOPIC SURGERY) BACK ON 10/19,2007,,WHICH ALSO WAS A HUGE SUCCESS!!! HE IS THE BEST,,THE VERY BESTDENNIS J. AMELUNG OAKVILLE, MO