Dr. Robert Lapenna Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Lapenna?

COPD

COPD

Have you seen Dr. Robert Lapenna?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 19th, 2016

So happy to see the office is under new management. I didnt have to wait long, the staff seemed much happier and i was told now they have Wednesday hour to alleviate the long wait. Im so happy because Dr LaPenna is a great Dr.

September 16th, 2016

Had to wait more than 2 hours past my appointment time. This has happened too many times, so I'm leaving him.

July 15th, 2016

Great Doctor!!!!! Horrible Staff.

Dr. Lapenna is fine doctor with great knowledge and compassion for his patient. Yes you wait a long time to see him but I justify this by the amount of patients he has and the time he share with each one. I would and have recommended him to many friends and family. With that said, his office staff is a horror not sure why this is. Nasty all the time....They get annoyed when you call for an appointment or need test results. Definitely recommend Dr. but beware of staff.....

March 12th, 2016

Go elsewhete

This is not a health prarticioner to rely on

November 6th, 2015

VERY PLEASED, GREAT DOCTOR

September 30th, 2015

I MOVED RECENTLY TO STATEN ISLAND FROM NYC, I HAVE GONE TO MANY DOCTORS IN NYC, NO COMPARISON TO DR LA PENNA, HE IS SO THROUGH WITH HIS EXAM'S AND EXPLAINS EVERYTHING IN PLAIN ENGLISH, MOST OF ALL THE GREATEST BEDSIDE MANNER. I GIVE DR LA PENNA A TEN (10)

September 28th, 2015

Terrific doctor but highly overworked. Wish all doctors were as regular as Doctor Robert Lapena

July 2nd, 2015

Patient

Dr. Robert LaPenna is a great doctor great listener, truly cares about his patients. I've known Robert for over 35 yrs. great friend & my doctor. Has always made sure I was in good health especially my heart. And has stayed handsome all these yrs.

March 16th, 2015

Dr R Lapenna Office Staff

Dr R Lapenna is a fine Dr and I would recommend, however, the office staff is probably the worst bunch of SOB's you'll have to deal with. They boarder on incompetent and downright nasty.

April 24th, 2013

So Sad, and such a shame

I do not see how any of these outstanding reviews posted can be accurate reviews when so many patients who were seen by Dr. Lapenna at his Hylan Boulevard office were extremely disappointed with the office service. His closest friends and office staff obviously make these glamorous reviews to offset the nasty ones. Dr. L obviously took on more than he could handle and, as such, his patients suffered. Over time, his office antics became much worse and his leaving without a trace was the absolute slap in the face to all his patients who put up with his office antics for years....we wait for hours in the waiting room, then more time in the examining room.... Despite his capability as an MD when he actually treated you, he fell quite short when he felt the need to keep secret his intentions to sell his practice to Victory Internal Medicine thereby abandoning his patients. He has NO hospital affiliations and would NEVER treat his patients if they were in hospital. He obviously could not and maybe can never be trusted because he never trusted his patients enough to tell them the truth of his intentions. I was his patient for nearly 10 years and I was one of the stupid ones who put up with his office antics. As for me, I relied on him for my care and he left me for dead. Although I would NEVER recommend him for these reasons, I cannot discount the fact that he was a good or capable MD when he was actually around. However, from reading a previous post, it looks like he couldn't handle the change he made and up and left a surgical patient for dead as well. I do hope that, going forward, he finds the courage to do the right thing by either leaving the medical practice altogether, thereby doing everyone a favor, or get back to business and step up to the plate and care for his patients the way he used to.

April 21st, 2013

Love my doc

Dr Lapenna is an excellent physician .. If your looking for a caring dr on Staten Island he is the one

November 3rd, 2012

I rarely ever waited less than 3 1/2 hrs to be seen. And that's just in the waiting room. Then in the examining room, it could be anywhere from 20 mins to 45 mins until he walks in. I personally like him as a Dr. The only complaint I have at this point now is he moved and no one can contact him to make an appt. or refill their meds, which is important. I had gone into the office where I heard he had moved his practice to, but the woman at the front desk told me it didn't work out for him so he's not there anymore. (he was only there a week) She told me someone from his office would be stopping in that day to return the key to the office. She took my message (and I saw her write the message down) "Patient having surgery needs her meds please call". So far, it's been 2 or 3 weeks and no one has called me. I'm finding a new doctor.