Dr. Robert Lapenna Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Lapenna?

Office staff

Posted on November 9th, 2017

It's unfortunate that who you hire affect your credibility. On more than one occasion, when calling the office Dr Lapenna's staff have been very rude and disrespectful, making me feel as if I was annoying even though I was making the call as per the doctor. The viciting nurse at my house needed to speak to the doctor and when she called the office she was also met by the rude and unprofessional staff. When I explained to the women in the phone that every time I called I was greeted with an attitude and I think it's time I look for a new primary doctor she abruptly says, just let me know where I can send the medical records.

Posted on October 19th, 2016

So happy to see the office is under new management. I didnt have to wait long, the staff seemed much happier and i was told now they have Wednesday hour to alleviate the long wait. Im so happy because Dr LaPenna is a great Dr.

Posted on September 16th, 2016

Had to wait more than 2 hours past my appointment time. This has happened too many times, so I'm leaving him.

Great Doctor!!!!! Horrible Staff.

Posted on July 15th, 2016

Dr. Lapenna is fine doctor with great knowledge and compassion for his patient. Yes you wait a long time to see him but I justify this by the amount of patients he has and the time he share with each one. I would and have recommended him to many friends and family. With that said, his office staff is a horror not sure why this is. Nasty all the time....They get annoyed when you call for an appointment or need test results. Definitely recommend Dr. but beware of staff.....

Go elsewhete

Posted on March 12th, 2016

This is not a health prarticioner to rely on

Posted on November 6th, 2015

VERY PLEASED, GREAT DOCTOR

Posted on September 30th, 2015

I MOVED RECENTLY TO STATEN ISLAND FROM NYC, I HAVE GONE TO MANY DOCTORS IN NYC, NO COMPARISON TO DR LA PENNA, HE IS SO THROUGH WITH HIS EXAM'S AND EXPLAINS EVERYTHING IN PLAIN ENGLISH, MOST OF ALL THE GREATEST BEDSIDE MANNER. I GIVE DR LA PENNA A TEN (10)

Posted on September 28th, 2015

Terrific doctor but highly overworked. Wish all doctors were as regular as Doctor Robert Lapena

Patient

Posted on July 2nd, 2015

Dr. Robert LaPenna is a great doctor great listener, truly cares about his patients. I've known Robert for over 35 yrs. great friend & my doctor. Has always made sure I was in good health especially my heart. And has stayed handsome all these yrs.

Dr R Lapenna Office Staff

Posted on March 16th, 2015

Dr R Lapenna is a fine Dr and I would recommend, however, the office staff is probably the worst bunch of SOB's you'll have to deal with. They boarder on incompetent and downright nasty.

So Sad, and such a shame

Posted on April 24th, 2013

I do not see how any of these outstanding reviews posted can be accurate reviews when so many patients who were seen by Dr. Lapenna at his Hylan Boulevard office were extremely disappointed with the office service. His closest friends and office staff obviously make these glamorous reviews to offset the nasty ones. Dr. L obviously took on more than he could handle and, as such, his patients suffered. Over time, his office antics became much worse and his leaving without a trace was the absolute slap in the face to all his patients who put up with his office antics for years....we wait for hours in the waiting room, then more time in the examining room.... Despite his capability as an MD when he actually treated you, he fell quite short when he felt the need to keep secret his intentions to sell his practice to Victory Internal Medicine thereby abandoning his patients. He has NO hospital affiliations and would NEVER treat his patients if they were in hospital. He obviously could not and maybe can never be trusted because he never trusted his patients enough to tell them the truth of his intentions. I was his patient for nearly 10 years and I was one of the stupid ones who put up with his office antics. As for me, I relied on him for my care and he left me for dead. Although I would NEVER recommend him for these reasons, I cannot discount the fact that he was a good or capable MD when he was actually around. However, from reading a previous post, it looks like he couldn't handle the change he made and up and left a surgical patient for dead as well. I do hope that, going forward, he finds the courage to do the right thing by either leaving the medical practice altogether, thereby doing everyone a favor, or get back to business and step up to the plate and care for his patients the way he used to.

Love my doc

Posted on April 21st, 2013

Dr Lapenna is an excellent physician .. If your looking for a caring dr on Staten Island he is the one