A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our records indicate this doctor is retired.
Learn more about Dr. Robert Layzer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Layzer, MD is board certified in Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy
- Hereditary Motor and Sensory Neuropathies
- Mitochondrial Myopathies
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Muscle Inflammation (Myositis)
- Muscular Dystrophies
- Muscule Diseases
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Myotonic Dystrophy
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Paraneoplastic Polyneuropathy
- Peripheral Nervous System Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Layzer graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Layzer has 3 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
- John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Layzer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 90 plans
- Alameda Alliance for Health - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Robert B. Layzer practice?
Dr. Robert Layzer practices Neurology near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Neurologists.