Dr. Robert Lerner MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.2

November 4th, 2016
The Worst!!!
He is the worst doctor I have ever seen. I have a lot of health problems, and have seen tons of different doctors, and he is horrible. He is rude, no manners, doesn't listen, and always looked in my panties for no reason. He always treated me like I had no idea what I was talking about. I am surprised he is still practicing! I wouldn't recommend him for even a dog! Stay away unless you want to feel violated and stupid when you leave.

October 14th, 2016
Veterinarian maybe..
Talks over you, acts like what you're saying is hurting is impossible. Fast talker and confusing

July 2nd, 2016
This is one of the rudist dr.s I have ever had, he did my colonoscopy and didn't even wait until I was drugged, it hurt so bad I tried to get off the table . I don't recommend he even be a dr.!!!!

April 19th, 2016
Concern Patient
I have complained to Dr. Learner about the same problem for four years. Dr. Learner is very quick when you go in for a appointment, 15 to 20 minutes max, but the results are still the same. He is also a fast talker, so he is not listen to the patient problem. On a scale of 1 to 10, I recommend 4 for service.

December 3rd, 2015
No I will not recommend anyone else to see this doctor. He is very unprofessional not friendly and coughed over me the entire time. His staff is not friendly either Their manners leaves a lot to be desired. Never see him again

September 5th, 2015
Terrible doctor
You know you don't have a good GI when other doctors at the same and different hospitals tell you to change to a different one. He has no bedside manner, and you will always leave feeling confused and feeling like it's your own fault that you're in pain. Doesn't discuss medicines well at all. Had me on a medicine for over a year when other doctors told me that I shouldn't be on it for more than 6 months due to possible side effects. When I told Dr. Lerner, his answer was that he was the GI and knew better than them...even though I told him that the medicine wasn't helping me AT ALL. He's not nice, instantly starts taking off your clothes instead of asking you to take them off yourself, and pretty much tells you that "you shouldn't be hurting right there, so therefore you're not". Basically doesn't believe you. How in the world this guy is still a doctor is beyond my mind. Do NOT go to him. Even drs at the SANE hospital told me to go to a different GI.

December 18th, 2014
No warm & fuzzies, good Doctor
If you're looking for warm and fuzzy, this is not the doctor for you. He is an excellent diagnostian and practioner.

February 24th, 2014
My primary physician made an appointment for me with Dr. Lerner. I had never seen him before so I checked his reviews and, based on those, was really nervous about this appointment. The worst part was over an hour wait to see him. He will not be winning any awards for bedside manner as he is very focused and does speak very rapidly, but I didn't have any problem with that. He was polite, listened to me, and answered all of my questions. If you don't expect him to be chatty, it's fine. I would have no problem seeing him again if necessary.

December 11th, 2013
Reluctant 2nd time visit
I saw Dr. Lerner for the 2nd time in my life on yesterday. The first time was about 3 or 4 years ago recommemded by my gynecologist. I was not pleased with his mannerism from my first visit but I was in a lot of pain and couldn't get in to see another doctor. He was my last and final result. The appt. was made & I went only to be disappointed again. He comes off very professional, talking fast but with no personality. The part that really has me against totally ever going back to see him is how rough and insensitive he can be. I am a female and it just doesn't set right with me for a doctor to start unloosening my belt and unbutton my, unzip my clothes without fore-warning me he is about to do so. Before leaving there I literally felt violated. No, he did not touch me inappropriately but just the mannerism and forcefulness he has without fore-warning of what is is about to do. I would have felt better if he had asked me to undo my own clothing. My mannerism changed, I'm sure he could sense my mood change. I had teared up eyes. But he carried right along. I will never visit him again!

October 11th, 2013
I almost died
He doesn't care if your in pain!!!! He never comes around to see you if and when he put you in the hospital . I stayed there 4 day he did nothing. I left the hospital went straight to a surgeon office they had to do surgery right then. I would not take my dog to dr Robert Lerner ! I should had handle this deferent way but I'm not that kind of person. I will not ever left this man touch any of my friend or family!

January 24th, 2013
Seeing this man is a complete waste of time and money. He does not listen and makes you feel like you are a waste of his time. Not sure if his lack of manners is because he doesn't care or doesn't know what he is doing, either way you would be better diagnosing yourself. At least you listen....

January 24th, 2013
Horrible and Useless!!!!!!
This is the absolute worst dr ever. He does not listen and has the bedside manner of a mule. He walked out and told me to follow him while I was still on the table with my pants undone. Does not have any respect for his patients. There's not enough room here to go into how bad this man is and his nurses are no better. I would not recommend this man to anyone or anything. I don't know how he still has a license to practice medicine. If you like being treated with no respect or dignity and want to feel like you are part of a herd of cattle, see him. I am currently filing a complaint it was so bad. Don't waste your time or copay.