Dr. Robert Lurate MD Patient Reviews

• Sports Medicine Pensacola, FL

• Good
  • Bad

February 9th, 2016
I felt at ease talking with Dr. LaRate. I was referred to Dr, LaRate for a second opinion for surgery. He clearly explained all my options in detail. I would have no problem recommending Dr. LaRate to my family and friends.

January 12th, 2016
I had a total-hip implant several years ago and have had no problems whatsoever with it! I walked the morning after (required before being released). He is the "best of the rest". Oh, ask for titanium and ceramic.BJE

October 27th, 2015
Operated on my meniscus in my left knee. It has been over a year ago. I dont even think about that knee anymore. I am having trouble with my right one now... Just made an appointment.

July 24th, 2014
Dr. Lurate and his staff are great.. I have recommended him to everyone. They are caring, personable, and professional.

May 11th, 2014
Great Orthopedic Surgeon including Spine Surgery
Dr. Lurate fused my low back 10 years ago and I'm still going strong. I have recommended him to everyone I know and would use him again without reservation .

March 3rd, 2013
I had total knee replacement in another location with another doctor and "thought" I had good surgery. Then Dr. Lurate did total knee replacement on my other knee. WOW! What a difference. I wish I had known Dr. Lurate before I had the first surgery. Under Lurate's care, I had excellent results. The office staff, the nursing staff, the facilities - everything was EXCELLENT! I have had absolutely no problems and ride a bicycle everyday. I have only praise for Dr. Barry Lurate and his staff.

July 9th, 2012
cleaniness is next to good practices
When I arrived I noticed the waiting room was not clean. The odor made me leave the office and go outside to finish paper work. There was a chair outside that was so dirty that I would not sit on it. When I went into the exam room the doctor had on such a old dingy gray lab coat that was white at one time. I could not take him seriously. He was also yawning during our discussion. It was hard to take him serioiusly and I would hate to have him do surgery on me. I would be afraid thatI would get an infection.
Doctor's Response

I am sorry for the experience you had with our practice. We are serious about infection control - and we do all we can clinically to avoid infection. While we wish our surgical infection rate was zero, it's extremely low. Of course, no surgeon has a zero infection rate. Regarding the white, now gray coat- well that's the end result of having been placed in the washing machine many, many times. No reason not to replace it with a newer lab coat, though. We have not been entirely happy with our office setup. We are on the verge of a major remodel with construction being lined up at this moment - held up only by the required negotiations with the hospital. The furniture is to be updated. I can guarantee the office is clean and fresh at the beginning of the day with efforts to tidy up again when there is a lunch break. Perfect cleanliness is difficult to attain and events happen. Nevertheless, we take this seriously. Finally, I cannot tell from your note who you are. Perhaps I was on call the evening before as one of the few remaining Orthopaedic Surgeons willing to provide that community service. I cannot say. I can say I am human. If you would like to discuss, I would be happy to do so.

March 29th, 2011
diamond in the rough
My family, friends, and I have had many orthopedic needs over the years. Having had experience with many orthopedic doctors, Dr Lurate hands down outshines them all. He sits down and explains everything. Extraordinarily smart and modest to boot. He's salvaged several bad outcomes from elsewhere

April 10th, 2017