Dr. Robert Bauer MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Lockport, NY

1.8

August 26th, 2011
I just wish this rating had the option of a zero for Dr. Bauer. I was directed to Dr. Bauer to look at an xray taken for a possible hip fracture. He looked at the xray by holding it up in the air (he didn't even use the fancy xray light on the wall) and took 10 seconds to say it was just an "extra" bone and was sent home. I wasn't satisfied, so I took the patient to another doctor and come to find out, the patient DID have a fractured hip, NOT an extra bone. This misdiagnosis may have caused more harm than necessary. Dr. Bauer did not care enough to really look at the xray, or to even order a Cat Scan. I do NOT recommend him at all.

January 17th, 2011
Find another Orthopedic Dr, NOW!!
treated with no reference to reports (otherwise treatment would NOT have been needed as there was NO broken bone). 2 negitive xrays,did not examine my son prior to treatment, walked in with casting materials, cast removed 2 days later after new dr reviewed xrays and reports and saw both said NO fracture. Bauers bedside manor: what bedside manor. I was treated like an idiot, my son was treated like he was stuipid for his "injury" and were sent home. I went to the hospital the next day to obtain my son's records and xrays, and found the dr reports said no fracture, thats when I saught another opinion. If you have been treated by this dr, please get your xrays and dr reports and seek out another dr for a 2nd opinion.