Orthopaedic Surgeon,
Orthoone Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
99 Market Center Dr
Collierville, TN 38017
901-861-9610
Locations and availability (5)

|  Disappointed  |  show details
by Frank on Feb 20th, 2014

After giving this doctor good reviews a couple of years ago, I was very disappointed with the last visit. Having severe back pain, went to Ortho One. Took 2 x-rays & he came in the room for less than 10 minutes, told me he couldn't see anything on the x-ray & dismissed me. When I decided to go to another doctor for a second opinion I had to get a copy of MY records.Dr. Pickering's office tells me I have to pay $10.00 for a copy of each x-ray & $1.00 a page for a copy of my records. The insurance has already paid him over $300.00 for less than a 10 minute visit. First time I have paid for a copy of my own records from any doctor.

|  Please don't waste your time/money!  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2013

I've contacted several orthopedic offices in Memphis and surrounding areas and made an appointment with Dr. Pickering because his hours were work-friendly. I visited Ortho One at the Olive Branch location. After recently relocating, I was thankful to be seeing a "professional" about my cervical spine issues. The initial greeting was below average. The front desk assistant barely managed to look up from scanning charge sheets to give me my initial evaluation paperwork. The X-ray tech was very friendly, but before I could recite my medical history, she had already captured 5 X-rays without further explanation. I did not have to wait long in the waiting room. Dr. Pickering entered and spoke with me for all of 2 minutes before manual muscle testing my right and left arms. I noted that this is part of what I do for a living (to which he seemed unimpressed). Because I had an idea of what tests he was doing and why he was doing them, I noted that he took a lot of shortcuts. He completely disregarded my medical history and told me that the muscle relaxer my previous MD had me on would only make me "sleepy." I'm all in favor of discontinuing medication, but his solution to the discontinuation of medication/physical therapy was an MRI scheduled for next week and the possibility of a script for a steroid pack. Basically, after 7 minutes of the doctor’s time, I gathered that he was implying the pain was all in my head. Then he was gone before I could ask questions, and I did not see him for the remainder of my appointment. Frustrated and in pain, I burst into tears as the nurse discussed options for MRI. I apologized for getting upset, and she made some calls to push my MRI appointment up a week. She was the only redeeming asset in this office. It's too late for me to save my time and money but please do yourself a favor a wait a few extra days to get in to OrthoMemphis or Campbell Clinic. I now am looking for MD that can offer differential diagnosis and treatment options. It is doctors like this that ruin reputations for the rest of the medical profession. Now to wait for the bill…

|  show details
Aug 1st, 2013

Dr. Pickering is by far the best doctor I have seen. He takes the time to tell you the issues, possible solutions and give you whatever time you need to answer questions. I required surgery and he was at the hospital before I arrived and was ready to go and was there when I was coming out of recovery. Would recommend Dr. Pickering to anyone who needs his medical expertise!

|  Very Pleased  |  show details
by Frank on Apr 15th, 2013

After going to another Ortho Clinc for many years I decided to try Orto One After 4 visits over a period of 2 years I can find nothing to complain about. Appointments are easy to get & if you have an urget need they will get you you in the day you call. All the staff including the young female xray tech, Dr. Pickering's assistant& the doctor himself were very friendly & very prompt.

|  Efficient  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2012

One of the few doctors that you can get an appointment with the same day if necessary

|  In & out  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2012

Got there 15 minutes early. X-rays done & in a room by appointment time.Dr. Pickering spent about 20 minutes with me explaining my condition & listening to me.Much better than the previous Orthopedic that I had been to.

|  show details
Jul 27th, 2010

fantastic md.best ortopedic doctor in memphis.