Dr. Robert Schaefer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Schaefer?

October 17th, 2017

Horrible don't go

As all the other reviews for this DR 1) No bedside manners (example: i was getting a biopsy of my cervix, however before while i was undress and my legs in the air i asked about my result because i couldn't remember them. He then continued to ask me if i wanted the procedure done or not and that he will stop because he didn't have time to review my results. I still wanted the procedure done so i agreed then, as i was just trying to random talk about anything and every. He was rude and didn't want me to speak at all. 2) Office Manger tells lies ( example: when I asked her about my lab she said it wasn't in yet, however. I faxed them over to her., example: when i asked about my second result she said she couldn't do it over the phone because of HIPPA, which is not truthful as this was the office preference. Example: on my 2nd visit the front desk told me i couldn't get my result because i had a bill/ which i never got. Which is unlawful to deny anyone their result. 3) When i finally got my result form my biopsy, which were inconclusive, ( that 1 1/2 hour wait. The doctor said that i wanted my office notes and wanted to transfer to another DR. See that OFFICE MANGER was the one who actually said that on the phone when i checked her on her lies. 4) That lead up to so must frustration. If you review this doctor reviews this are the same issues people have had over the last 5 years. So if i were you I wouldn't go. In fact I still haven't gotten my result and in the middle of finding out what is wrong with me I have to go see another DR. Which i plan to actually report him.

August 2nd, 2016

although some of the negative reviews were erase, I have never ever seen a Doctor like this, very inhuman, plus he hardly looks at you in your face, and is very loud and rude, sadly I saw many things going on in his office , and it is very sad that people like him are still practicing, he has knowledge yes "some" because he can leave you wondering what exactly you have, and what kind of treatment you need. besides that his way of helping his patients in any hospital that he is affiliated with is very poor, he hates to go to RWJ we do not know why, but bottom line if you need an OB GYN please think more than twice when choosing him.

January 13th, 2016

Best Care

Dr. Schaefer is a thorough and excellent physician whom I highly recommend. He leaves no question unanswered and no concern unaddressed. If you are looking for a doctor who will run and hug you each time, that is not him. But if you want a doctor who takes you seriously and ensures you are getting all questions answered and the best care, he is the one. The waiting time is long but it's a testament that he does not rush his patients. However strongly recommend to book afternoon appointments and avoid evening appointments due to wait time. Otherwise he is the physician that you will be glad to have.

August 26th, 2015

well for me he seemed like a pretty good doctor. the only MAJOR problem here is waiting to get to see him seems like forever. other than I would recommend him

February 11th, 2015

Poor, poor service

I am switching providers at 28 weeks pregnant. The office is tiny and filled to capacity at 6 pm. My appts were both at 6:20. I got there early and still was not seen until 7:45 pm. He literally spent 5 minutes in the room with me. His staff accused me of not getting an ultrasound (which I had gotten a month prior) and clearly failed to look at the results. They also found it necessary to offer their opinions that weren't asked for. Needless to say, I won't be going back.

August 27th, 2012

unhappy

My first visit with this Dr. should have been a warning. There was never any contact and when i asked questions he seemed annoyed. He hardly spent anytime with me and this is all after a 2 hour wait. the only shining light in his whole office was his practice manager, whom i had to get to know because he had no idea how to communicate outside of sending giving me a diagnosis.

July 26th, 2011

Dr. Schaefer is a very competent and knowledgeable doctor, and his office staff as well in my experience. He was my doctor for the past 5 years, and actually delivered my daughter 2 years ago. However, I will be leaving the office because of the wait times. Since I had a high risk pregnancy (due to high bp), I ha quite a number of visits, which always required me to wait at least 2 hours. RIDICULOUS! My husband would practically have aheart attack every time we made a visit, and now with an active 2 year old, forget it. I will miss him though. Even though he needs some work on his bedside manner, he was always thorough, and I felt that my baby and I were well taken care of.

April 13th, 2011

Quack!

This doctor and his staff are rude and incompetent. The dr. throws around the word cancer (I am only 23 so of course I was freaked out) and then I was yelled at by some pyscho for getting a second opinion. Also after my procedure I was told to lie down for 10 minutes and the nurse would come back and get me. Well, after 20 minutes no one came back and I had to go to work. Thank god I didnt pass out but on my way out of the office I saw "my nurse" chatting away on her cell. This place is horrendous. Only make an appointment if you have an additional hour to wait in the waiting room.

July 13th, 2010

Satisfied Patient

I have been a patient of this Practice for nearly a decade, if not more. I have no complaints about the knowledge, care, consideration, and efficiany that I have experienced during my years with Dr. Schaefer. I look forward to a long association with Dr. Schaefer and his staff!

February 8th, 2010

I recently left Dr. Schaefer due to the excessive wait times, at times 4 hours, and the rude and unprofessional staff. Dr. Schaefer himself is a great doctor but waiting 4 hours to see him is rediculous. I also had to call 4 times to get a copy of my chart for my new Dr and when I went to pick it up it still wasn't ready (had to wait 1 hr that day).

August 13th, 2008

AVOID THIS PRACTICE

As a former patient of Dr. H. Grabelle, whose practice Dr. Schaefer acquired, I had to obtain my records for another physician to review. The staff at this office are unhelpful, unclear, and inconsistent. The office hours are ridiculous (opening at 4pm!?) and they are overcharging (by about $20) for photocopies of my information. After my experiences with Dr. Grabelle, I would NEVER have contacted this office again if it weren't for the fact that I now need surgery because of Grabelle's care omissions.

June 19th, 2008

Caring and competent

This doctor was very kind and courteous to me. His staff was very friendly and helpful. Referred my otmer and sister to him.