Dr. Robert Steckler MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 7th, 2016
Great Oncologis and Surgeon
My Dad was diagnosed with oral cancer in February of 2016. We were referred to Dr. Steckler immediately as it was stage 4, and were told he was the best. Our meeting with Dr. Steckler was great. Now, I am not going to lie, if you are looking for a doctor that will coddle you and give you warm platitudes then he is not the Dr. for you. My family and I found him to be straight forward, no nonsense and confident. He sat with my whole family for over 30 minutes talking about what my Dad was going to endure and what we could expect from the surgery, chemo and radiation. Dr. Steckler removed an 8 cm tumor from my Dad's right check and he did a flawless job. My Dad looks great for basically having his right cheek removed along with some bone in the nose. Again Dr. Steckler is not someone who is going to sweet talk you, he is going to be straight and to the point and has a very dry sense of humor. We cannot thank him enough for what he did for my Dad.

May 18th, 2016
Caring professional
Excellent doctor. Have been seeing him for more than 35 years. Very nice. Makes you totally at ease even when diagnosis could be bad.

March 4th, 2016
Please don't go to this man. He misdiagnosed my mother. On her first appointment, he acted all nice and caring but as soon as we picked him to be our doctor, he changed his tune. He became curt and disinterested. He failed to instruct us on how to properly handle the process, despite our lack of knowledge about cancer treatment. After my mother's horrific 11 hour surgery (where her face was butchered), he had the nerve to tell her to "put on some make up" and to tell my grandmother to "shut up" and the he was "in charge." Cancer is horrible and terrifying enough. Please do you and your loved ones a favor and steer clear of this man.

April 15th, 2013
Never Again!
I met Dr. Steckler recently. I found him very arrogant, condescending, and in a big hurry to get me downstairs for a CT scan. Within two minutes, he had examined a lump on my chin and said, "If we were meant to have lumps, we'd come with them. It needs to come off. I always assume people have cancer until proven otherwise." I didn't like his bedside manner at all and would never go to him again. He also had a resident or intern him and I almost felt like he was putting on a show for this other doctor. I left without the CT scan and will go to someone else.

December 3rd, 2012
Horrible person, horrible doctor
Unless your case is a professional boost for him, he is just an awful person and an awful doctor! I know this because I watched and listened to him with my sick family member as well as with our patient neighbors at the hospital. The walls are thin, and it was so easy to hear his arrogant bellow through the walls.If you are just a regular person with a regular cancer, you are a waste of his time, and he will actually say so! It's astounding what he gets away with. Looking back, I wish so much that we had asked for a different surgeon, so that my mom could have not spent her last months feeling belittled and mocked. It was bad enough that her cancer was terminal, but she would get so tense and anxious when he came around. His favorite answer for everything: "I DON'T KNOW!" And yes, he yells it like you're too daft to get it in a regular tone. Lastly, this was my mom's 3rd surgery in 1 year. With the other 2, other surgeons put in drainage tubes. With her last surgery (that was very similar to her 1st), Steckler didn't bother to put in drainage tubes, even though he gave her up to 6 months to live. Of course, she had fluid buildup and had to have her surgical area drained manually (and painfully) twice. It was just something he could have done to help her have a more dignified and pain free recovery. Man has no class, no heart. Do your loved ones or self a favor and ask for someone else. I don't care what Steckler says about how great he is. He's an awful doctor, and terrible human being.

November 24th, 2012
When I walked into Dr. Steckler's office the decor itself was warm and comforting. When I was called to the back Dr. Steckler was there to greet me. We went to a lovely conference area before the exam room. All in all, everything was comforting and I felt that the entire office cared! Dr. Steckler was precise but in a kind way and I never felt rushed. My surgery went smoothly and I was very thankful for such a good doctor!

November 2nd, 2012
My husband went to this doctor and I found him to be extremely arrigant at times to the point that I did not feel he took the time to listen to our concerns. After surgery both my husband and I were extremely surprised at the severity of the surgical sites and since then he has delt with serveral after affects to include bad nerve damage not around the sergical site but lower than.

August 4th, 2012
Cold hearted and cruel
He made comment prior to breast surgery that my mother would never wear a bikini again. He did a horizontal scar when originally assured us it would be vertical. He was rough in the way he handled her. Her scar is a lot larger than he said it would be. He also talked nonstop about how she should get chemo, rather than showing any compassion or concern for her right out of surgery.

November 16th, 2011
Love this surgeon...
Dr. Steckler just performed a second surgery for me - at my request. He is terrific and I consider myself very fortunate to have had him.

May 15th, 2010
He saved my life
Dr. Steckler asked me what I wanted out of the cancer surgery. I told him I wanted to see my boys grow up. I think he really wanted to know that I was ready to fight for my life if I expected him to save me. He did indeed. I will always have the highest regard for him and his caring staff! Did I mention it has been 10yrs..

April 13th, 2009
Sharon Conrad
could not ask for a more caring doctor