Internist, Critical Care Specialist, Pulmonologist (lungs)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  The Absolute Best!  |  show details
by Roberta B. on Feb 26th, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Tanaka for about five years. He has a wonderful personality, a good sense of humor and makes you feel at ease immediately. With that, he is extremely intelligent and knows his business! I had an incurable lung disease, but he was able to keep me going. Finally, after his gentle insistence, I had a lung transplant, and that saved my life. He was with me all the way. A great perk that comes with Dr. Tanaka is his medical assistant, Darcy. She is sweet, smart, with the old fashioned work ethic. She ALWAYS follows through, ALWAYS calls you back, and is the absolute best. Dr. Tanaka and Darcy will take care of you! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

|  clarification of hospitalist diagnosis  |  show details
Jul 24th, 2012

my roomate was recently in memorial hospital in modesto. the nurses there are terrific. but the hospitalists that saw her the second time she was admitted in two weeks were telling me basically i was going to take her home to die. they said over and over that her lungs were full of emphysema. we had seen dr. tanaka just a few months prior to this and he told us she was doing really well. so today we went for our follow up appointment. Not only did he answer all of my questions but he showed us the ct scan of her lungs and pointed out the good and the bad. Now i beleive him when he tells me i can keep her healthy and she will be around for a number of years to come if we keep her from getting any infections. I like him very much and the doctors at the hospital who did know something told me they had a lot of respect for him and deferred to his judgement about what course of treatment for my friend. I am still going to get another opinion just to be safe but after seeing the ct scan and listening to his explanation i believe we are in good hands. It can be hard to get an appointment with him but because my friend had been in hospital they got her one in a week.

|  show details
Dec 26th, 2009

his nurse, Darcy, has no manners at all. she treats patients without any respect or courtesy. my father had an appointment with dr. Tanaka, to evaluate his breathing and chest tube location. his lung fluid was draining and leaked through the gauze. the md could careless nor his nurse to change the gauze, and put a new one. the leakage had covered his shirt too, but nothing was done for him. my dad's health is improving, and dr. Tanaka, wanted to put him in hospice care, because the idiot has no other options or has zero knowledge of how to care for his patients.

|  show details
by Roberta Black on Nov 24th, 2009

Thorough, patient, knowledgeable, understanding -- an exceptional physician. I have total confidence in his care, unlike what I have had in the past with other physicians. I am very pleased, and grateful to him and his staff!