Dr. Robert Weiss Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Weiss?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 15th, 2016

IVF

Dr.Weiss is professional but lacks personal attention to individual cases. You can only do a successful IVF with him if you are lucky that everything goes in the right direction. He does not have any good advise for cases where things don't work out positive. He leaves the nurses to give instructions which are critical to egg retrieval. They just post things without explaining to the patient and when things go wrong, he doesn't care. I don't like that aspect where he is not accessible when needed to explain. This caused me three losses and had to leave him for another doctor. There's a very big gap between him and the patient. You only see him when he has a task to perform at that particular moment. For the rest of the cycle progress, you are on your own with these selfish nurses who care less. He is not interested in follow up with failed cases

June 3rd, 2016

A good outcome

I chose Dr. Weiss as my doctor for the IVF process and I think I made the right choice. Of course, the positive outcome of the procedure has a lot to do with my review; but there are other contributor factors. He conducted all the necessary tests and took the time to explain the results, as well as discuss any concerns with me. I was given the information I needed about the IVF process and procedures, including accurate pricing. The only thing I had to stress on was submitting the paperwork to my insurance (since, despite the fact that the doctor didn't think IVF would be covered, the insurance did actually end up picking up the tab for 90% of the total cost, medication included). Dr. Weiss's team was very friendly, hands on and always quick to answer my questions (even after office hours, which was extremely helpful). The doctor himself reached out to me when needed. So, overall, I had a great experience (in spite of the punishing IVF journey). If I had to do this aging, I'd definitely choose Dr. Weiss.

January 8th, 2016

He explained the procedures I could pursue to conceive a child, but seemed pretty rushed and did not go into detail or ask me if I had any questions about the procedures. He did recommend a few good websites for further info, but the whole point of me taking time off from work and going to see him in person was to learn more about the actual procedures, the risks involved, the success rates in his practice etc. Also, the main reason my PCP sent me there was the fact that I was due for a paps. That, the doctor almost forgot to perform. When I specifically asked for it, I almost felt like he was ..doing me a favor. Must've been a busy day for him (although I was the only patient in the waiting room).

February 20th, 2012

Awful. Don't believe the 'best of boston' reviews

I went to Dr. Weiss after I had an ectopic pregnancy. During my consultation he proceeded to tell me that it was caused by my previously having had an STD though he did not ask anything about my sexual partners or STD history (none). When I became pregnant again a few months later I began spotting almost immediately. I was allergic to the first progesterone supplement I was prescribed. Rather than switching me to another vaginal or intra muscular progesterone he put me on oral progesterone. This is no longer recommended as all it does is raise blood levels of progesterone not endometrial levels. He also did not suggest or think it necessary that we retest my progesterone levels after I was put on the supplements. I had to be the one to require follow up testing. When we went in for our first ultrasound the ultrasound tech said very little then left the room for the doctor. He walked in with the images, did not aknowledge my husband or I, and said 'there is no chance this will continue to be a normal pregnancy' and began to leave the room. It wasn't until I began crying that he realized he was dealing with a human being. We opted for a D&C because he told us that they would test the fetal tissue to see if there was a congenital abnormality. However, when we showed up for the procedure the first thing the doctor performing the procedure told me is that there would not be enough tissue for analysis since it was so early in my pregnancy. In the end, the second doctor was right because I went through a D&C for no reason, there was not enough tissue for testing. There are many other 'smaller' incidents such as the doctor picking up his cell phone and walking out of our consulation to take a personal phone call. I could go on and on. The long and short of it is his bedside manner is awful. He is not up to date on industry practices and I would never recommend anyone see him.

December 29th, 2011

I saw Dr. Weiss as my primary doctor in the Dedham office. I can not say enough about him. I found him to be extremely knowledgeable which gave me great confidence. He always gave each of our appointment plenty of time so we could ask as many questions as we needed and he gave clear understandable responses. He was willing to listen to my concerns and consider alternative treatments when the current line of therapy did not work. Dr Weiss was also very proactive with my insurance company. He was willing to write letters if there was concern over getting a specific procedure covered. I had one miscarriage under Dr Weiss' care and I found him to be very understanding and compassionate which helped me cope. And more importantly he remained positive throughout my course of treatment. He never gave up hope on me and always said he was positive that it may take time but I would get my baby. I not only found Dr Weiss to be wonderful but his staff in Dedham was great. I never had one managed care or billing issue and I know its because they were one top of it. I got through to his nurse, Mona, very easily and if I ever did have to leave a message someone called me back that day. Whenever there was something Mona was certain about or I felt I needed to speak directly to Dr Weiss he would call me back and it is that level of personal care that I really came to appreciate. I completed 3 cycles ( 2 fresh 1 frozen) of treatment for fertility with the Fertility Centers of New England (FCNE) and my last one was successful with twins. Overall my experience with FCNE was extremely positive. I had all of my office visits in Dedham. This office is smaller and more personal which I really liked because I felt like a patient/person not a number as compared to some of the larger clinics where you truly are a number. My procedures were done in Reading. That site is clean, professional, and timely and all of the staff was wonderfully kind and reassuring. I was never scared and always felt like they would take the best care of me. It was really nice having my procedures done in an office setting rather than a hospital which I would find intimidating. Ultimately I was successful under Dr Weiss' care which I am sure helps to build my confidence in him and FCNE. If you are considering IVF/IUI etc I think it is important to interview doctors and find the best fit for you. I would strongly recommend a meeting with Dr Weiss, he not only gives you a personal level of care but he is also very good at what he does.

March 14th, 2011

awesome doctor!!

I have been a patient of Dr Robert M Weiss's since 1998, he is an incredible doctor!! he has helped me so much!! He has performed 2 laparascopies on me, saved my left ovary!! I trust him completely!! He is very compassionate, and so understanding especially when times are rough!! He is very thorough and listens to the needs of the patients!! I am very lucky to have this man as my doctor!! He never gives up on the patient, and has such a positive attitude!! I recommend him so highly to whoever needs his services!! He is truly a remarkable human being!!

February 17th, 2015