Internist, Cardiologist (heart)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Aug 14th, 2013

This Dr. is out to "milk the cash cow" if your have good health care insurance. He kept me coming back week-after-week to monitor my blood pressure when my family doctor would have done a comparable or better job at it. He continued to try various assorted drugs that dropped my BP to dangerously low levels and I even ended up in the E.R. due to being treated like a lab rat. I finally "canned him" and now receive a much better standard of care from a lovely D.O. In other words, don't waste your time and precious co-pays in his office.

|  Great Care!  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2012

Dr. Mackin has been my doctor for many years and he cares greatly for me and his patients. He goes beyond "the book" in his medical care and his staff is consistently friendly, caring and interested. One of the things I like most about a good doctor is that they listen and take their patients seriously.He is a heart doctor with a lot of hearts. He gets an A from me as a wonderful mender of hearts! I trust him with my life.

|  Wish I had picked another dr.  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2012

Dr. seemed preoccupied and too busy for me. He also seems to want a whole lot of tests that I don't think are necessary. It's another case of the battle of competing physicians.

|  MY COMMENT TO TREAT MY DOG  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2012

FIRST OF ALL DR. MACKIN IS NOT A VET.SECOND YOUR COMMENTS ARE ABSOLUTELY BASELESS. I HAVE BEEN A PATIENT OF DR. MACKINS FOR 8 YEARS HE IS NOT A WOMANIZER NOR A DRUNK. I THINK YOU MUST BE CRAZY TO COMMENT ON SOMETHING THAT YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT. BACK IN 2004 I HAD SEEN ANOTHER CARDIOLOGIST IN TOWN(DON'T NEED TO DEGRADE BY NAMEING) ANYWAY, I HAD SEVERE PALPITAIONS AND CHEST DISCOMFORT. THE DR. TOLD ME THAT IT WAS HORMONAL AND THAT NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH ME. MY BEST FRIEND REFERRED ME TO DR. MACKIN. I MADE AN APPOINTMENT. DID THE EXAM AND ON THE SAME DAY I HAD A TREADMILL WITH ULTRASOUND OF MY HEART. TO MY SURPRIZE DR. MACKIN STATED I FLUNKED MY TEST AND NEEDED A HEART CATHERIZATION. LONG STORY SHORT I HAD 2 HEART STENTS PUT IN. I AM GOING STRONG AND OWE IT ALL TO DR. MACKIN HAD I NOT LISTENED TO MY FRIEND I MAY HAVE HAD A HEART ATTACK AND DIED. I AM TRUELY BLESSED THAT HE IS MY DR. AND WILL ALWAYS TRUST IN HIS CARE.

|  Wouldn't let him treat my dog...  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2011

This guy is a drunk and a womanizer. He is more worried about getting your money than treating any illness you may have.

Jun 19th, 2011

This physician caused me iatrogenic harm by giving me a drug sample. I asked him numerous times if this particular medication would interact with my current medications and he told me "NO". 'Later I found out that the FDA wrote a WARNING Letter in 2001 describing the severe and toxic drug reaction that I had. I now have to see a neurologist who tells my that I "may" get better. In the meantime, I will be filing for Social Security disability benefits as I suffer from incredible pain 24/7 plus have sensory ataxia. I would NOT recommend this doctor!

|  GREAT OFC  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2011

THIS OFFICE IS TRULY AWSOME DR. MACKIN IS VERY CARING LISTENS AND TRYS TO FIND OUT WHATS GOING ON EVEN IF ITS NOT IN CARDIOLOGY. OFC STAFF IS TRUELY AMAZING AND CARING TOO.

by Brenda on Mar 17th, 2011

He is an excellent Doctor who cares about his patients. He reminds me of (although a Specialist)the p;d fashion doctor who cares deeply for his patients. He actually LISTENES to you.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2011

Truly cares about his patients. Excellent doctor. This is as good as it gets!

by ANN on Aug 25th, 2010

OVERALL EXPERIENCE AT THIS OFFICE WAS EXCELLANT. DR. MACKIN WAS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND SEEM TO REALLY CARE ABOUT WHAT MY SYMPTOMS WERE.WE FOUND THAT MY BP WAS OUT OF CONTROL. NOW I FEEL GREAT. I WOULD RECOMMENDHIM TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY. THE OFFICE STAFF WAS VERY FRIENDLY TOO WHICH MADE THE VISIT VERY COMFORTABLE.

|  I would not select this Doctor  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2010

Slow - not up to speed on latest technology and medical breakthroughs, nervous, not honest

|  Ms.  |  show details
by Susan on Nov 6th, 2009

Dr. Robert Mackin is by far the most professional, intelligent, genuine and caring doctor whom I've ever met. He's up on the latest medications and totally knows their adverse side effects or benefits. He has never prescribed a drug for me that he would not take himself. The cardiac tests and blood work that he's ordered for me have always been right on. In numerous cases, he's called specialists on my behalf if I had a particular medical problem that he was concerned about. He gotten me in to see several doctors when normally, I would have had to wait for two or more months to obtain an appointment, simply by making the phone call himself. Due to this fact, I believe that he's been responsible for saving my life on more than one occasion. Dr. Mackin has noticed various symptoms and relevant information that most other doctors have missed in regard to my treatment. I'm completely indebted to this exceptional doctor and his outstanding staff for taking the best possible care of me that I could ever hope for. He's interested in me as a medical patient and has looked out for my welfare in every aspect. Not only in matters relating to my cardiac needs but for my mind and body as a whole. I would highly recommend Dr. Mackin to anyone who wants to be treated like a human being and with dignified respect.