Dr. Robert Marchand Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Marchand?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 28th, 2017

Never again

My experience was very poor on many levels. First surgery not done correctly; second corrective surgery also not successful and I was left with chronic swelling and pain. My last appointment with the doctor was him telling me, "Maybe you should get another opinion" and "Good luck" and I felt very dismissed. I have since seen a different doctor who spent more time with me in one visit than Dr. Marchand spent in total with me for two surgeries and office follow up The new doctor made several recommendations which immediately improved my situation. I also found his original secretary not to be very people friendly and quite abrupt at times. There is a new girl now- much improved. The billing department messed up more of my bills and medical claims than I have ever experienced. They kept billing out of network when it was in network, did double billing under two different names, told me I owed money only to receive a check reimbursing me because they "overbilled". The only two good experiences I has was South County Hospital is a hidden gem- so clean. And my anesthesiologist was superb (wish I could remember his name). He convinced to go with the spinal and I am so glad I did. I would never consider being treated by this ortho group again nor recommend them.

January 13th, 2017

Partial Knee replacement

Hi, I have been going to Dr Marchand since he started his practice many years ago. he was my neighbor, I have had a couple of operations from him all went well no problems and had full range

April 12th, 2016

Amazing phenomenal success

I had bilateral hip resurfacing four years ago and it was a resounding success. I am the poster boy of this operation. As a yoga teacher, I have a very active life and have gone back to full splits gently without any qualms.

November 20th, 2015

More patient/doctor time needed

Dr. Marchand is highly recommended and I am sure very ably qualified. However, when he sees his patients only once after replacement, that is not a lot of attention. A lot of responsibility is placed upon the physician assistants who follows you after- not him. Luckily, my assistant recognized a problem and brought it to the doctor's attention- one year after surgery. I am now going in for a second corrective surgery. It was very discouraging when I knew something was wrong, I could not get past his scheduling secretary and speak to the doctor- pushing me out for appointments 2-3 months away. I then insisted in speaking with the P. A. who got me in within one week and I will be having corrective surgery soon. This group is taking out full page ads in Yankee Magazine and newspapers for new clients yet a current patient, with problems, was not going to be seen for 2-3 months. The doctor needs to be more accessible and personally meet with his patients more. His scheduling secretary is not very people friendly nor compassionate. She should have had someone contact me immediately to discuss my concerns and not keep telling me, "I can get you in with the P.A."; the doctor is scheduling 2 months out- sorry" when I repeatedly told her the P.A. specifically said wants me to see the doctor. A patient should not have to beg to see their doctor nor should a patient with problems ever be told- he can see you in 2-3 months. I can only hope hope the corrective surgery goes well.

September 9th, 2015

can't get better than this

the wait time varies. South County Hospital has the cleanest hospital rating in the state. I got a new hip and used a cane after 11 days. They are the only ones who do Makoplasti which is computer generated. Look it up. The entire experience was terrific.

April 3rd, 2015

Great

Best hip Doctor in New England and maybe further! He does specialties like BHR that most doctors won't take the time to learn and he has done over 1300 of them. He is very accessible also.

February 1st, 2015

dr marchand, staff, & hospital stay I feel was excellent. thanks so much!

July 26th, 2014

Phenomenal Experience

Dr. Marchand performed a total hip replacement on me last Wednesday and the whole procedure went smoothly. I decided not to have any sedation after my spinal and was able to listen to the whole operation. The staff at SCHSP was great and my stay there exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend Dr. Marchand and his team to everyone. He visited me in my room as well as his PA to monitor my progress. I has sought an opinion form a large practice in Providence and I am so glad I chose Dr. Marchand

September 21st, 2017