Dr. Robert Martinez MD Patient Reviews

3.9

no change

February 20th, 2017
Wonderful doctor, wonderful person
He one of the most caring and best doctor I know. Wish my GP were like him. He explains everything and shows you your reports, explains the difference between neck and shoulder or back and hip pain. He is right on. He has repaired a very uncommon gluteus medius muscle which was misdiagnosed as sciatica and L5 pain for 10 months. Repaired my rotator cuff and after 8 months I am able to do more every month. Also, removed a bursa from the other hip and smoothed a spur. I have been suffering with these problems since 2012. One at a time he has made my life better. Now I can move on to a neck specialist, but so much better to walk again and sit again without pain. Dr Martinez pays attention, treats you as if, and even better than most family. He even lets you question him. Once, he told me I might have fibromyalgia. I said, "No, I have idiopathic pain, doctors just have not been able to locate it." He laughed and he has found and fixed quite a bit of my pain. We need more doctors like him.

March 18th, 2016
Wish he were more current with medical practices. Nice but feels stagnant in treatments.

November 13th, 2015
Didnt work out
Wasnt knowkedgable of procedure he was perfoming. Had to go to another Dr. for proper procedure.

January 29th, 2015
Pleased to have Dr. Martinez in our lives
Dr. Martinez has been our family Orthopedic Surgeon for many years. He has either operated on or provided medical care for my Mother, Father, Daughter, Husband and me since the 1980's. Because of extensive arthritis, he has operated on me 7 times including total knee joint replacements and thumb repairs. I trust him with my life and the future of my functional life. He listens to you and the family, he shows his humanity and his caring for you as his patient. He practices his Christianity and will pray with you that you do not need surgery. His follow up in the hospital is fantastic and he makes sure things are done right. I once had a bad situation with a another doctor who was covering for him while he was out of the country. He took care of the doctor and he helped me the first thing the morning he was back. If you select Dr. Martinez as your doctor, he will make you a partner in your care. He asks you to help locate just the right spot for injections, etc. He does not presume to know everything. I highly recommend him so much that when he moved from Lehigh Acres to Cape Coral, I go to Cape Coral from East Lehigh Acres. You will be in good hands!

November 12th, 2012
Highly recommend.

November 29th, 2011
Arrogant, condesending
Looked down, didn't acknowledge family members. Staff lost track of what was said, no confidence in his answers to my questions

Dr. M
Overall, the best, most compassionate and professional practice. Dr. M's staff is knowledgeable and caring. Dr. M's bedside manner is awesome, he really ares about his patients and their outcome.

May 2nd, 2011
Dr Martinez is very caring and patientWhat I appreciated the most was his taking time to explain my procedure

Fantastic Surgeon and Doctor
Dr. Martinez is a fantastic health care provider. He is very knowledgeable about his field, and readily answers questions in a manner that puts you at ease and allows you to understand what is happening with your body. But more than that, Dr. Martinez humbly embraces his vocation as a physician, and sees his work as a ministry as well as career. He sees his patients not as dollar signs waiting to be serviced, but as human persons that are feeling scared and concerned. He takes the time to put you at ease, answers your questions, and truly does his best to make you feel better and hopefully heal whatever ails you. I would highly recommend Dr. Martinez to anyone requiring an orthopedic surgeon. His motto is "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." In an age where medical professionals often come across as knowing it all, Dr. Martinez is refreshingly down-to-earth, humble, and relying on the Lord for his strength. I'll pick him every time.