Overall Review

3.8

October 11th, 2016
Top neurosurgeon around!
I cannot say enough about Dr Masson and his very knowledgeable staff members, especially Wayne.I had a cervical fusion done in Aug, in addition to several other issues they addressed during surgery, like bone spurs and severe stenosis. The doc is a prince among surgeons, all was perfect, including the recuperation period, wound healing and everything associated with the surgery. I have never waited for an appt, they are VERY punctual every single time. So the staff is not as friendly as they can be...big deal. I prefer an excellent doctor, savvy and prepared to a friendly staff.All in all, best experience for cervical surgery. Highly recommend this doctor and this office!

September 9th, 2016
A RARE FIND
I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Masson, his P.A.s, his Neurospine Institute staff and the Health Central Hospital in Ocoee, Florida. It's rare to find a doctor / specialist that truly cares about your well being; not only treating your physical condition, but doing it with respect and sensitivity. A great team all around. Thank you

July 29th, 2016
Dr Masson and Tara- Amazing Professionals
I was diagnosed by Dr Masson this week for cervical pain. Tara the P.A. greeted me with the utmost patient sensitivity, spent time with me, and answered all my questions. I seen Dr Masson immediately after Tara and he spent time explaining in detail my issues and was very upfront and certainly to the point. What a pleasure to meet a really dedicated and talented staff of professionals. Strongly suggest you visit them.

July 28th, 2016
Bait and switch!!!
Bait and Switch!! This may be the greatest physician to ever walk the planet, but I personally have a real problem with the bait and switch going on at his office. I was referred by another doctor and made an appointment with Dr. Masson. I heard rumors, so I called and asked if I would actually see Dr. Masson. The answer was no, you will NEVER see Dr. Mason unless it is pre-op. You will only see a PA. I have all the respect in the world for a PA, but if they are so proud of them, why not tell me that when my appointment was made??? Why pretend my appointment was with Dr. Masson? So I am supposed to have a PA decide whether I need neck surgery, not a surgeon? Seeing a doctor should be my choice. They are deceptive!!!!!

April 19th, 2016
WORST OFFIC EVEY
Dr Masson is great. IF you are lucky enough to actually see him and have an opportunity to speak with him. His office staff is VERY poor and offers well below average customer service. Call it Customer NO-Service. The PA Tara is uncaring and rude. The medical assistant Rachel makes no attempt to follow through with what she says she will do. Lauren is absolutely USLESS. And the office manager Patty will not return any calls or emails when attempts to file a complaint were made. I WOULD ABSOLUTLEY NOT RECOMMEND THIS OFFICE!!! I made the unfortunate decision to allow Dr Masson to preform a lumbar fusion on me and I regret it wholeheartedly. THINK TWICE about dealing with this office!!

March 9th, 2016
Quality of Life is Everything
He restored my quality of life and I'm deeply grateful. Thank you

October 21st, 2015
Your back is an individual jigsaw puzzle.
Dr. Masson came recommended to me by two friends (both are MD's). I've had L-5/S-1 issue's since my early, to mid-20's partly due to genetic shape, but partly wear and tear. I went to a Clearwater neuro-surgeon in 1999-2000 timeframe at 34 years old, and that surgeon told me that surgery would be needed at some point. I suffered for years with continued narrowing of the L-5/S-1 space/disc degeneration. I found Dr. Masson, and his staff to be engaging, considerate, competent, genuinely concerned and empathetic. I would say that the hospital was a mixed bag. 1 of the 3 nurses I dealt with post-op was nothing short of Nurse Cratchet (see One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest). The other 2 RN's were great, as was my experience with the hospital staff. Otherwise, my experience has been challenging, but not due to anything anyone could have predicted. My condition had deteriorated to a point that my sciatic nerve pain in my left leg was, and still is fixed...completely. I am also able to stand and walk for longer periods than I've ever been able to in probably 20 years (I'm 49). I respect that every -body is different, and mine has proven so. I've had some right leg sciatica post-op, but the nerve is settling now as I reach the one year post-surgery mark. It has not been an easy ride, but I am quite grateful to Dr. Masson and his staff; this includes the schedulers and office personnel. The two PA's that I have worked with are professional and have expressed a genuine interest in my recovery. Thank you Dr. Masson and Wayne!

September 14th, 2015
Amazing!
The best doc in Orlando!

August 17th, 2015
Dr Masson is an excellent Neurosurgeon. I looked like a question mark when I saw him in severe pain. I now walk around totally painless and even dance the polka with my wife!

June 12th, 2015
I am a physician from Salt Lake City Utah referred to Dr. Masson from a friend who is a spine surgeon. Spine surgeons who have trained under him regard him as one of the most talented spine surgeons on the planet. For those who want him to spend his hours talking about your problem in clinic, I should remind you he is a surgeon, not a clinic doctor. He has a team of exceptionally well trained, patient advocates who assist him in managing his case load of almost 20 surgeries a week. He is exceptionally thoughtful when it comes to detailing your situation, your goals and your problem, and spent more time, where it counted, with me than any physician I have known. If your goal is to see a primary care back doctor, he is not your guy. If your goal is to seek the best spine surgeon on the planet for your complex spine surgery problem, this is the practice for you. Surgeons who have time to spend all of their time in clinic, intuitively, and probably, do not have the experience in surgery to be the best. I can tell you this. When I chose my surgeon, I went to someone who is regarded by his peers as a genius. My suggestion as a physician, is that if you do not have a complex spinal problem requiring a high level surgeon, DO NOT see a surgeon! Dr. Masson's practice is singularly focused on spine surgery, and he requires his patients to receive all other aspects of their care through primary care spine providers. And yet, they are fitness, wellness, prevention and recovery oriented once it is deemed that a person needs surgery!

May 5th, 2015
pain in the neck!!
did a great job on the surgery but you never get to see him again! when you make an appt it gets canceled everytime and reschedule then you show up and its canceled again the office staff is horrible

February 7th, 2014
The staff and hospital are the worst!
I had surgery two years ago… and like others, I saw the doctor only once. I suppose he fixed a broken disc but I still have back problems. The office staff is the MOST INCOMPETENT I've seen in my73 years. The PA could be better… But the nearby hospital he uses, gave me the wrong anesthesia and after surgery, when no movement is important, I was wretching brown bile and twisting my body in process. They gave me a back brace, ordered by the doctor, that was for a man (I found out) I am a little woman. I had to buy my own. I would trust Dr. Masson to do another surgery, but would never go back to that hospital and go through that incompetent office. I waited 3 hours to see the doctor, and he remarked, "that is the way it always is." Well, someone is over booking and obviously the doctor doesn't care. I'd love for him to see these responses… I sent a letter, marked confidential, complaining about the staff and the hospital, but the secretary probably threw it out!