Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Center For Sports Medicine
2415 McCallie Ave
Chattanooga, TN 37404
423-697-8758
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Highly Skilled Surgeon! Highly Recommended!!!!!  |  show details
by P Smith on Sep 22nd, 2014

One of the best doctors I have ever had. Had a severe compound fracture in my left arm from a UTV accident. Dr. Mastey put my arm back together and was able to restore full arm and hand function. Great personality! Highly recommend!!

|  Office Supervisor  |  show details
by Vickie Brown on Jul 23rd, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Mastey for several years. He has always been able to determine how to help me. I have never had any problems from surgery or treatments. The staff are very kind and efficient. I highly recommend him if you are looking for a great doctor.

by Joel Laney on Jul 15th, 2014

The most memorable is that Dr. Matey took care of my Dupuytren's contracture which has produced tremendous relief for me. With prompt, professional service by all involved, this is how medical practices should operate.

by Ronald W. Hemphill on Jul 3rd, 2014

DR. MASTEY WAS VERY HELPFUL AND INFORMATIVE .

by Tom on May 20th, 2014

Very Personable

|  Review of Dr. Mastey  |  show details
by Carrie F on May 14th, 2014

I liked the fact that he listened to what I had to say, looked at x-rays, and then he decided the best course of action. Each visit he has made sure I was comfortable with what he thought was going on with my issue. Most important his first thought wasn't to do surgery - he talked with me regarding each option and the stages he thought would be our best course of action. I would highly recommend him to others.

|  Great Experience  |  show details
by Pat Lloyd on Apr 16th, 2014

Had to have surgery on my finger. Had a great experience and would recommend them to anyone!!!

|  Overall great  |  show details
by Scott on Apr 14th, 2014

Dr. Mastey took care of the growth on my arm and was very thorough in explaining what was going on and what I should expect. My two scheduled visits required minimal wait. The only time I had to wait was for an unscheduled rewrap and I unfortunately could not wait the time required to get me in for that. But the presurgery and follow up visits were fine. Thank you!

|  r & l rotator cuff surgery  |  show details
by homer mitchell woody on Apr 7th, 2014

I am very satisfied with results of surgery, physical therapy was quite painful but tolerable

|  Dr. Mastey  |  show details
by Jeff S. on Apr 7th, 2014

Dr. Mastey explained to me in great detail why my elbow caused me pain, what he could do to relieve that pain, and what to expect going forward. I'd recommend him for any procedure to a friend or family member.

|  Broken 5th metacarpal and surgery  |  show details
by Greg W. on Mar 18th, 2014

Dr was great. Practice was very busy so there was often a wait to see him. Very friendly and thorough. Did what he told me too and was nearly 100% in 4 weeks.

|  Great Doctor, but might have to wait!  |  show details
Mar 17th, 2014

Dr. Mastey was very kind, patient and knowledgeable. He diagnosed my condition right away. He had great "chairside" manner and answered every question with simple and then complex answers (if asked for). I would recommend him to anyone with hand issues. It is a very busy office with several doctors. I was in the office almost 2 hours the first visit and 30 minutes the second visit. If the parking lot is full, you WILL be waiting awhile.

|  Mrs.  |  show details
by Linda G. Uhler on Mar 17th, 2014

Dr, . Mastey is very professional, attenative and your problems are his biggest concerns. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing his professional services.

|  Floral Designer  |  show details
by Pamela Hyde on Mar 3rd, 2014

Dr. Mastey Is a great doctor. He has fixed my shoulder and both hands. No more pain :)

|  ONLY person for shoulders!  |  show details
by April Bowman on Feb 26th, 2014

Dr. Mastey met me in tears. I had be dealing with shoulder pain for over six years. All the Dr.'s I had seen ( which was many), told me there was nothing wrong. Had a mri done and took it to him. He fixed it two weeks later. I have had no pain other than from surgery.

|  Great Surgeon  |  show details
by Deborah Lawson on Feb 24th, 2014

Dr. Mastey did reconstructive surgery on my hand. Taking the tendon from my arm and putting it in my wrist, removing a bone spur and fixing my carpal tunnel. I have No Pain and full mobility of my hand since the Surgery. I'm so Glad I chose him for my Surgeon and will again if I need any other Surgeries in his Field.

|  Great doctor!  |  show details
by Wendy S on Feb 22nd, 2014

This doctor was knowledgeable and inspired confidence. I was a bit nervous, since I type for a living, about having hand surgery, but he carries himself with a firm sense of confidence. He's not a time waster, but he listens to questions and answers concisely but fully. Whiel I hope to never need his services again (for obvious reasons), I will definitely go back to him for anything hand or write related in the future. This doctor's office, Center for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics, not only is almost always on time. The few times they have been late they've actually had the time late on the sign in sheet so you can plan around it. this is pretty amazing considering how BUSY this office is. Talk about planning the work and working the plan!

|  Made a difficult time easier!  |  show details
by Linda on Feb 11th, 2014

My elderly father had a compound open fracture above the wrist, from a fall. Dr. Mastey did an amazing job in surgery, and in two weeks Dad's arm was almost completely healed. The attitude of the Dr and his staff made the things we went through so much easier. They care about their patients. Thank you!

|  Experience with Center For Sports Medicine & Orthopedics and Dr. Robert Mastey  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2014

Dr. Mastey is a very personable and thorough orthopedic specialist After exam and testing, he takes time to discuss his diagnosis and findings and answer any question you might have. He follows up on subsequent visits and discusses needs for follow up care. I sincerely appreciated the excellent care he gave me and recommend him for orthopedic conditions.

|  Xiaflex injection  |  show details
by Joel L. on Jan 15th, 2014

Great results from visit to Dr. Mastey for treatment of Duputren's Contracture on my ring finger on my left hand. Although somewhat skeptical, I decided to go ahead with Dr. Mastery's recommendation of Xiaflex injection. This was a great decision on my part. Duputren's Contracture is gone! I appreciate the fact that Dr. Mastey did tell me that it could reoccur at some future time, but should that happen, I will return for another injection. Not only would I return to Dr. Mastey, I have recommended him to a close friend who also has this same condition.

|  The Best  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2013

I cannot say enough good about my experience with Dr. Mastey and the services offered by him and the physical therapy division of CSMO. I am new to the Chattanooga area and broke my wrist in a car accident. I chanced upon Dr. Mastey (something I will be eternally grateful for) and have rave reviews for his care, concern, ability and for the friendliness and efficiency of his staff. I would highly recommend CSMO.

Sep 17th, 2013

Dr Mastey explained the MRI and X-rays to me in an understandable manner, went over my options and suggested a non-surgical step to see if there was any improvement. I felt he provided me all the time I needed even though it was after 5pm. This was my first visit with him and I am hopeful this is mode of operation. A good experience.

|  quality care and service  |  show details
by Howard G on Sep 16th, 2013

I've seen Dr. Mastey over the years for various things such as carpel tunnel, tennis elbow, thumb cartilage injury, etc. and have always found him to provide top notch service to me. Today's visit had me sitting in the waiting room a full 5 minutes !!! Wow, I didn't even have time to pick up a magazine and in no time Dr. Mastey came in to check on my injury. My sons and wife have all seen Dr. Mastey and he's the only Doctor in town I'd see about a hand/arm injury.

|  Excellent care!  |  show details
by L.G. on Sep 11th, 2013

I came in with a fractured radial head that had popped out of its cap. Dr. Mastey explained all of my options along with the possible repercussions of each choice and gave me time to consider my choice. He was then able to manually put it back into place. No surgery! Hooray! I also appreciated the way he recorded his notes of our visit in front of me, so I knew everything that was happening. After only four-five weeks of physical therapy I had full use of my arm again. It now straightens and bends as well as it did before. I would definitely go to him again, if needed, and would recommend him to anyone else that asked.

|  Hand surgery success  |  show details
by Ethan Walker on Aug 30th, 2013

So I broke my hand Olympic lifting while I was training with my coach and waited 11 MONTHS to go to the Dr so after it really started to hurt I went and the family medicine dr basically said I was screwed but he sent me to Dr. Masty and he was saying we have to do surgery on it so my scaphoid was rotting so he had to scrap it out and put bone graph in it and put a huge screw in it. The surgery went well and I'm completely healed up. GREAT DR. Also if you have to get scaphoid surgery keep in mind that the bone is hard to get blood flow to it so the healing process is long. I was in a cast for nine and a half months but it was worth it.

|  Professional, Caring and Compassionate  |  show details
by Diane Wilson on Jun 23rd, 2013

Dr Mastey is a professional, caring and compassionate physician. He treated me for radial carpal tunnel syndrome and tennis elbow. He thoroughly explains procedures and medications. He also takes time at each appointment for idle chit chat - nothing significant or too long - just a personal touch to his practice. He has a subtle, unexpected sense of humor too. I find that refreshing.

|  Excellent results  |  show details
by David on May 20th, 2013

Dr. Mastey performed surgery on my shoulder with excellent results. Only 5 weeks post-surgery I have full range of motion and can sleep on my left side without any pain. Dr. Mastey is excellent, he listens well, and is very compassionate.

Aug 5th, 2012

I fell in April and reinjured my left wrist. The wrist was already out of line and was crooked. Then I masked it and it was a mess. I wanted someone at Sports Medicine and I was fortunate enough to get Dr. Mastey. He was wonderful. He not only corrected this injury, he fixed the other one so now my hand is straight. I would recommend him to anyone! He took time to explain to me what I had done and what my options were. His staff at Gunbarrel is wonderful. I told my husband if I fall again, I sure hope it falls in Dr. Mastey's range of expertise. Lynda

|  Dr. Mastey is a Quack for Workmen's Compensation.  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2012

My overall experience was horrible. He did my surgeries within two weeks of each other and after the surgery stated I could return to work the next day in cast and being in pain. After the cast came off, I told him that my hands were not healing probably and he told me that he had done a great job. When I told him that my hand was numb, he stabbed me with a paper clip and said be careful how you communicate. I told him my hand was numb not without feeling. When he stabbed me with the paperclip, he made me hit my hand on the desk which I still have the indention in my hand and still numbness in my left hand. I went to him on 3/28/12 in severe pain due to me typing repetitively to update my resume and he told me that typing could not cause my pain and that he could not do anything for me. I asked he would give me something for the pain and he told me that if he could not diagnois my pain, there was nothing he could do. The only thing he did was an xray and told me to leave. I have tried to get another doctor, but because it was court ordered for him to be my doctor in the settlement with workmen's compensation, I can not get help for my continuous pain in my hands. Therefore I feel he is a doctor for profit for workmen's compensation by giving low ratings on your injuries so he can get kickbacks on saving them money.

|  Caring Doctor  |  show details
Mar 30th, 2012

Dr Mastey has been caring for my hands for quite a while. He is compassionate, understanding of the problems created by deterioratng joints and is extremely gentle.

|  Floyd Amburn  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2011

Dr. Mastey has performed 3 surgeries on me. in 2007, he performed carpel tunnel surgery on both of my hands. He just completed rotator cuff repair surgery on my right shoulder. In all 3 surgeries i have experienced a surgeon who is very thorough and professional. He has always shown a very courteous and caring manner. He was especially nice to my wife in assuring her that I would recover like I should and I did. the office visits prior to and following the surgeries were very pleasant. Thank you Dr. Mastey

|  Dr. Mastey is AMAZING!  |  show details
Feb 5th, 2011

My overall experience was great. Dr Mastey is brilliant and caring. I was very confident and at ease with my surgical procedure. Thank You Dr. Mastey.

|  Excellent physician  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2009

Dr. Mastey has treated my daughter and myself. Very thorough, knowledgeable - excellent surgical outcomes . . plus a very caring and compassionate person!!

|  Dr. Mastey Is Incredible.  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2008

My experience with doctor Robert Mastey was great, and I had no problems what so ever with his treatment or diagnosis. Thanks so much Dr. Mastey!