Dr. Robert Mastroianni MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.2

December 28th, 2015
Every day I am reminded of my son's death while he was under the care of this incompetent physician. If anyone is interested in a class-action law suit against this incompetent physician, please contact me. I have all my deceased son's medical records to support my claims. In order for this review to appear, I had to check 1 star, when he is worthy of no stars; he should be in prison.

December 22nd, 2015
Courteous staff. Great nurse! Attentive with great bedside manners. Good listener.

October 30th, 2015
Patients
After way too long with this doctor my husband and I finally found another family practice physician. He is arrogant, not willing to listen, and talks down to you as if you were a child, or worse, an idiot. The turnover among his PA's is astounding. When I had someone I really liked and felt connected to, they had left Mastroianni's operation the next time I needed care. I rarely had the same PA twice. The outstanding ones left in droves. I would advise anyone looking for medical care in upcountry Maui, consider anyone else, even if it means a longer drive. This guy is seriously egotistical and how he is able to maintain his license is a mystery.

October 27th, 2015
This doctor is misinformed and clearly does not keep up with current literature. Physicians take an oath to do no harm which he is actually doing by not providing patients with up to date information and not advocating for his patient's best interests. Please don't waste your time seeing this incompetent individual.

May 20th, 2015
This Doctor if you can call him that is a disgrace to the medical profession. He is rude, arrogant, when I brought up my Spondylolisthesis (a serious back condition) he responded "I don't care" several times during my visit. His main objective is to give out medical marijana cards, not ones health.

December 5th, 2014
RUDE & ARROGANT
When I took my 15 yr old grandson in to be checked for a possible football concussion, Dr. M, asked him if he was having a headache and the boy said yes...he asked him to stand on his tippy toes, he did. Dr M. then says, no school for a week and no football practice or games for 2 weeks. When my grandson showed being upset...the doc says..."you don't like that? Then we shall make it 3 weeks w/o football practice and games. Dr. M. was Nasty, Mean, arrogant and did nothing to prove he actually had a concussion. The staff knows. They cover for him...They do most of the work while he holds the medical license. He only has a practice because of his PA's and Nurses. They are really doing all the work. We have since gone to another Medical Center We would NEVER EVER recommend Dr. Mastrioanni. I wonder if he actually has a Doctorate in Medicine?

October 30th, 2013
Invisible deft doctor magoo
The most memorable thing about this practice is that I never once saw an MD. I have Graves Disese and Fybromyalgia. I went to this doctore because I needed pain management. My husband and father in law are routinely prescribes their Blue Card (mj) by him. I assumed that he must be a doctor willing to treat a patient and manage their pain.... Instead, I saw a NP and was told to come back a week later to continue the my pain management. Today, after a 45 min wait, and paying for a second appointment, I was told by the NP " um, I don't see anything wrong on your MRI. Do you have any other tests that show why you have pain?" We can't give you pain meds. Wow..... Just wow. The invisible doctore will give me all the pot I can smoke but not treat me with time honored and FDA approved pain management treatments!?!?!? I get it. He stops by twice a month, signs some MJ cards and heads back out to the golf course.

September 17th, 2012
Not recommended
Their receptionists were borderline rude and more interested in gossiping with each other than helping the patients. The nurse who checked me in was fabulous and if she where the doctor I'd go see her any day... sadly, even she suggested I find a different doctor's office because of the quality of care I would find here. The nurse practitioner was friendly, but completely clueless. I've never gone back even though they are 5 minutes away, instead I travel 40 minutes to see someone else.

May 27th, 2012
Doesn't care to hear your opinion
My last appt was less than 30 seconds, I'm sure. Very disagreeable personality, always right. Only good for basic problems, refers for everything else.

April 1st, 2012
Sorry to say but this Doctor is not right at all. Not only that even the staff at Maui Medical don't like him. I'm just saying.

February 28th, 2012
Death of Our Beloved Son
When our son was ill I drove him to the doctor's office and waited outside; he couldn't drive and could barely walk. Much to my horror he was not hospitalized! When he finished his appointment and attempted to walk to our car unaided, a passerby actually helped him in the car. Our son died a few weeks later! I would not recommend this doctor to anyone ever; he is a disgrace to the medical community. I can't believe he has any patients and is allowed to practice medicine.

November 3rd, 2011
The invisible doctor
went to him over 10 times, he never ONCE saw me as a patient, has a great PA named Dan, but when I had a serious problem, still never saw him. I was even seen by some Med Student and the rudest health practitioner I've ever met, a PA named Christine. Never again.