Dr. Robert Mcclendon MD Patient Reviews

3.6
  • 6 reviews

June 10th, 2013
Long wait time, unnecessary questionaire

February 21st, 2013
Doctor Bob has been my main GP for more than 25 years and in all that time I cannot remember a major misdiagnosis. At worst additional or different meds were needed. He did a great job helping one of my sons with major sinus problems due to allergies and has helped me manage some chronic problems and has sent me to specialists quickly when he detected some of my own problems. I've been very satisfied and never looked for another doctor. Dottie is GREAT even though she chews me out when I slip off the diet. Wait times vary. Early morning and right after lunch are usually short waits. Bob doesn't rush you if you need more time with him for questions or reassurance. I guess that could impact wait times late in the day, but I can live with that. I like being treated as a human being a lot more than being run through one of the HMO meat mills.

October 19th, 2011
Mr.
i have been going to dr. mac for forever...i keep going, not because he's that great, but because i'm scared of what else is 'out there'...i liked it better when he was with family practice associates, but it is what it is...i don't like the front office help...dottie is great--not so some of the other back-office people...really, i've been treated better at mcdonalds...i don't know what their problem is...the wait times seem a little excessive, but, again, what doctor EVER sees a patient at their "appointment time"...i have never felt that dr. mac spends enough time with me...of course, he wouldn't make any money if he did...he's a volume physician...no matter how much he tries to look interested, he's really not...he wants to hear about one problem...he does NOT want to hear "...and another thing--i've got this problem yadda yadda yadda"...his target visit scenario is "doc, i've got this problem"..."ok, here's what you do...NEXT??"...as i say, i could be happier, but it's too much trouble to switch doctors and maybe be MORE disappointed...

July 10th, 2011
Misdiagnosed lung collapse as lung congestion
Unknown to me I had a complete lung collapse and went to see Dr. McLendon thinking I had a chest infection. He misdiagnosed this serious life threatening situation three times as lung congestion and kept prescribing heaver doses of medication. Obviously I was not getting better with only one working lung and could hardly breathe. After couple of weeks of a slow deterioration in my health I went to another doctor who put me in the hospital immediately. He saved my life. Had I stayed with the incompetent Dr. McLendon I could have died. I obviously don't recommend him.

May 19th, 2011
Excellant Doctor
I have been going to Dr. McClendon for a number of years and have always been satisfied with his services.

January 24th, 2011
patient
He is a very caring doctor with excellent bedside manner and he seems to have had a lot of experience.