Dr. Robert Mccormick MD Patient Reviews

• Emergency Medicine Newport Beach, CA

3.8

May 25th, 2017
Compassionate and thorough
Took the time needed to solve my problem and get me feeling better.

July 5th, 2014
Great doctor!
Experienced Dr. mc Cormicks fantastic bedside manner at Hoag Newport last night. What a gentle man!

January 4th, 2014
Quite thorough doctor
I came to Hag emergency with gallbladder attack. Dr. Mccormick did a thorough examination, ordered several tests to eliminate really find the cause of the pain, did all he could to alleviate it and gave me reference to an excellent general surgeon. I couldn't ask for anything more.

March 4th, 2013
Took my 10 month old daughter into the ER with a 105 fever. Was checked for pneumonia, bladder infection and blood infection. After pneumonia & bladder infection came back negative he proceeded to tell me he was "pretty sure" my daughter had a blood infection (labs take 24-48 hours) and it was most likely caused by not vaccinating her. Sent me to Choc, later to find out it was just an ear infection. Dr. McCormick checked my daughters ears and missed an ear infection?! Caused my family emotional stress & cost us thousands of dollars. I understand that doctors miss things, but to tell me he was "pretty sure" it was a blood infection...Unless you are 100% sure, why would you put a mother through that?

February 5th, 2013
Saved my life
I have unfortunately had several ER visits lately, and Dr. McCormick stands out amongst them all. His patience and thoroughness literally saved my life.

November 1st, 2011
He dd not do any check-up in the emergency room and sent me home. Because of this I ended up in emergency a week later with the same problem and was given a thorough check-up by another doctor which led to me being hospitalized for a few days.

July 7th, 2010
Not much else to say - he is an ER doc -- rate them for what they do.

February 22nd, 2010
misdiagnoses
I did not feel that this doctor was thorough in the ER with my 13 month old. He did examine her hands on and therefore did not catch a fractured clavicle.